Does this packet exist?

Vinny1967

Is there such thing as an Internet provider that let's you only activate your package when you're in the country? I'll be coming and going between Europe and Thailand and I'd like to have Internet when I arrive and just enable / disable as I come and go. 

Just find it a waste of money paying for Internet /TV for my house when I'm not here.

Cheers 

Vinny 

17 hours ago, Vinny1967 said:

I'm aware of the 12 month sim but I was thinking more in the line of a hard line package . I used to use a sim, but streaming tv from the EU uses a lot of bandwidth so I just got a modem installed. 

Some SIM packages can supply that, location dependent, but if you want terrestrial, you can get a ‘no contract’ deal wherein you buy the modem. 
https://www.ais.th/fibre/nocontract/en/

Some SIM packages can supply that, location dependent, but if you want terrestrial, you can get a ‘no contract’ deal wherein you buy the modem. 

Something like that would be interesting, but it still has the monthly fees which I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to be spending money on the internet if we won't be here to use it.

7 hours ago, NextG said:

Some SIM packages can supply that, location dependent, but if you want terrestrial, you can get a ‘no contract’ deal wherein you buy the modem. 

50/30 for Bht 490 a month...NO WAY. If that is then sent to your devices via WiFI it will be considerably slower than the 50Mb/s stated, and paid for. ANd you buy the router @ Bht 1490. Add that up and you may be better getting an optic line in and paying about Bht 600 a month for all 12 months.(3BB) @ 1000/500 Mb/s.

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

50/30 for Bht 490 a month...NO WAY. If that is then sent to your devices via WiFI it will be considerably slower than the 50Mb/s stated, and paid for. ANd you buy the router @ Bht 1490. Add that up and you may be better getting an optic line in and paying about Bht 600 a month for all 12 months.(3BB) @ 1000/500 Mb/s.

What is this nonsense? ????

He doesn’t want to pay for it when not there. 7200 baht(12 x 600) if, for instance, he is only there for three months is not a great idea. 

1500 +(3 x 490) is 2970 baht. 

50 Mbps may be adequate for his needs. It’s not about you. 

22 hours ago, Vinny1967 said:

Something like that would be interesting, but it still has the monthly fees which I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to be spending money on the internet if we won't be here to use it.

You can stop anytime; that’s what ‘no contract’ means. 

Alternatively, try out an NT Wireless Thunder SIM. One poster has posted some impressive results. At 999 baht per annum, it cannot be beaten. But test with a one month SIM initially. 

1 minute ago, NextG said:

50 Mbps may be adequate for his needs. It’s not about you. 

He mentioned TV in his OP, which I do not think that 50Mb/s coming in, and then being sent out via WiFI will suffice. I could be wrong but in my experience, no.

Just now, KannikaP said:

He mentioned TV in his OP, which I do not think that 50Mb/s coming in, and then being sent out via WiFI will suffice. I could be wrong but in my experience, no.

You are wrong. 50 Mbps can easily carry a 4K media signal. Netflix recommends 25 Mbps for their 4K product. 10 Mbps adequate for 1080p. Sent out via WiFi doesn’t mean it’s totally degraded. 

Just looking around and I've discovered that you can buy routers that have a sim card slot.Something like that combined with a thunder sim card might just be worth looking into.

I could then connect my Chromecast with Google TV to it and play my IPTV through it. Not sure if it would work, but worth trying I think.

54 minutes ago, Vinny1967 said:

Just looking around and I've discovered that you can buy routers that have a sim card slot.Something like that combined with a thunder sim card might just be worth looking into.

I could then connect my Chromecast with Google TV to it and play my IPTV through it. Not sure if it would work, but worth trying I think.

It can work…. location and router permitting. Usually locations not above the 5th floor height and a router capable of working on Band 40. Best to test using your smartphone at the house, before deciding on which router. 
Mickymaus reports figures of over 50 Mbps at his location. YMMV. 199 baht for one month, 399 for three months. 599 for six months and 999 baht for 12 months. 
You can search for his thread containing the relevant details. 

https://wcsoss.totwbs.com/promotion

https://shopee.co.th/nt.official_shop