Thanarat Camp military base in Pranburi set to become new tourist attraction

webfact

image.jpeg

By Online Reporter

The Thanarat Camp military base in Pranburi is set to become a new tourist attraction, according to officials who visited the site on Thursday, March 16th.

The officials, including Mr. Achawan Kongkanan, Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand Prachuap Khiri Khan Office and Mrs. Wasana Srikanjana, President of Hua Hin-Cha-am Tourism Business Association, went on-site to survey the potential and readiness of various tourist attractions within the Army Training Center.

Military officials have a plan to promote tourism within the camp, as it has many attractions that could be interesting to tourists, said Maj. Gen. Awut Putthi-Amnuai, commander of the Infantry Center, Thanarat Camp.

The camp is convenient, safe, and can also link to other tourist destinations of the army nearby, such as Ratchapak Park and Suan Son Pradiphat in Hua Hin District, he added.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/thanarat-camp-military-base-in-pranburi-set-to-become-new-tourist-attraction/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2023-03-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Military officials have a plan to promote tourism within the camp, as it has many attractions that could be interesting to tourists, said Maj. Gen. Awut Putthi-Amnuai, commander of the Infantry Center, Thanarat Camp.

Anyone know what these "many attractions" might be?

I know they have a golf course but I hadn't heard anything else mentioned, even by people who play there regularly.

Last time I went to the Navy ship tourist attraction and the cop said my girlfriend was okay but I couldn't go in because I am not Thai.

Some photographs tourists in Greece got banged up for 2 years because they were taking photos near an army base.

I don't think I will risk it.

25 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Anyone know what these "many attractions" might be?

I know they have a golf course but I hadn't heard anything else mentioned, even by people who play there regularly.

http://www.huahintoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/336375109_589112719760420_3903852732029862817_n.jpg

25 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

After you ready go Ukraine....

Edited by BE88

53 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

A military camp as a tourist attraction.. How low can you go

Looks like someone desperately need money and now, what's next? using airplanes and Navy boats for tourist's joy rides maybe?

Edited by ezzra
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

A military camp as a tourist attraction.. How low can you go

Really depends what's inside; there's one in Chanthaburi, Taksin Military Camp, that is based around the walls of an old fortress, seven restored colonial buildings/houses from the French occupation 1893-1905 that are now converted to museums. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

PT at 05:00?