Border stamp after many years business-visa possible?

Hello! Is it possible to make a border run and get a 30 days stamp at the border after many years Non-B visa (lately 3x 1-year extensions)?

Just need 30 more days before going back Germany for a while.

And does somebody know what happens with the Work Permit? Do they take it at the border? Do they care? (employer is my own company + me general director)

Thanks for help!

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

You should have no trouble with a border bounce by land at somewhere like Nong Khai. Where are you currently located?

Thanks for replying! I'm based on Koh Tao, so it will be most likely the Malaysian border (Sadao, Padang besar or Satun)

Immigration may require you to stay one or more days in Malaysia before heading back in. 
Make sure you write a dismissal letter for your employment and report yourself at social security to sign out. If you have a pink ID you can then opt to continue your health insurance for a pittance should you wish to remain longer in Thailand than 30 days. You can also request a refund of some of the social premiums you paid over the years under certain conditions. Lastly in case you stay longer, you can apply for unemployment benefits at the labor department when handing in your work permit there and say you are fired. This is 70% of 15k max, and you’ll have to report monthly to get it. I don’t know if that’s possible on Tao and if you have to travel to Samui for this the hassle is not worth it. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, endlesstravel said:

Thanks for replying! I'm based on Koh Tao, so it will be most likely the Malaysian border (Sadao, Padang besar or Satun)

There have been reports that a border bounce at the Malaysian border, without days outside Thailand, requires the payment of bribes.

Although I cannot confirm 100% that this is true, I have seen reports that a quick bounce from Ranong to the Grand Andaman resort (Myanmar) is possible again. The journey from Koh Tao to Ranong is a bit involved, but that might still be a better bet. Perhaps, other members here can confirm the latest in Ranong and at the various Malaysian crossings.

EDIT: This web page looks relevant:

https://www.islandtravelkohtao.com/visa-info/andaman-visa-run-2500thb

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Immigration may require you to stay one or more days in Malaysia before heading back in. 
Make sure you write a dismissal letter for your employment and report yourself at social security to sign out. If you have a pink ID you can then opt to continue your health insurance for a pittance should you wish to remain longer in Thailand than 30 days. You can also request a refund of some of the social premiums you paid over the years under certain conditions. Lastly in case you stay longer, you can apply for unemployment benefits at the labor department when handing in your work permit there and say you are fired. This is 70% of 15k max, and you’ll have to report monthly to get it. I don’t know if that’s possible on Tao and if you have to travel to Samui for this the hassle is not worth it. 

Thank You very much! Do I need to show at the border this "dismissal letter for your employment and social security sign out"?

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

There have been reports that a border bounce at the Malaysian border, without days outside Thailand, requires the payment of bribes.

Although I cannot confirm 100% that this is true, I have seen reports that a quick bounce from Ranong to the Grand Andaman resort (Myanmar) is possible again. The journey from Koh Tao to Ranong is a bit involved, but that might still be a better bet. Perhaps, other members here can confirm the latest in Ranong and at the various Malaysian crossings.

EDIT: This web page looks relevant:

https://www.islandtravelkohtao.com/visa-info/andaman-visa-run-2500thb

Yes, I will check the Grand Andaman resort. Thanks again!

• Like 1