Joe Biden says Vladimir Putin has 'clearly committed war crimes

Social Media

33 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Yes and no. Eventually if enough immigrants get across and settle there it can be debated that the Mexicans are taking over the south west. Then again, Mexico did not belong to the Spanish, whose ancestors now make up the majority of the population. For arguments sake the land was stolen from the native Incas etc...

Humankind is really good at screwing each other over.

You're confusing people with Mexican background with the Mexican nation state. By your "logic" the USA is taking over San Miguel de Allende Mexico.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Well jingthing two things.  From a practical standpoint Mexico is annexing the American Southwest.  

However as said, I am not in favor of Putin but I hardly think the behavior of the USA over the past 70 years puts in on a pedestal to be preaching righteous behavior to any other country.

Really?  I don't recall Mexico rolling an army across US borders and holding a sham referendum showing the southwest wanted to be part of Mexico.

8 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Yes and no. Eventually if enough immigrants get across and settle there it can be debated that the Mexicans are taking over the south west. Then again, Mexico did not belong to the Spanish, whose ancestors now make up the majority of the population. For arguments sake the land was stolen from the native Incas etc...

Incas are in South America.  The area covered by the current US was a patchwork of different indigenous tribes/cultures.  Although getting the terms correct doesn't justify what was done to them.

14 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Actually, Mexicans are predominantly mestizo, which  reflects a mixture mainly of european and amerindian populations.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:19 PM, Slip said:

Yes, and they are already on the ground and preparing the case against Putin as a war criminal.  I'm surprised you haven't seen that in the news.  Not on RT?

One only has to look at the damage Putin has done to the people and to the country of Ukraine. The number of children taken to Russia for brain washing. Yes, he is the biggest war criminal of our time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I can find lots of positive things that Biden accomplished to applaud him for. I don't need to go scrounging about to come up with things he didn't do.

Most know what he has done! 

Just now, 300sd said:

Most know what he has done! 

Absolutely. He's made Obamacare more affordable. Helped Medicaid include more people. Had passed a major environmental bill. And increased taxes on the wealthy. And there are other accomplishments, too. Go Biden!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

War crimes.  Which war never had "war crimes?"

At least Putin isn't committing treason.

There are wars and there are war crimes. You take joy in your support of Putin's undiscriminate bombings of civilian targets. His troops committed war crimes on tapes. Has blind loyalty to Trump affected your moral compass?

A war crime is a violation of the laws of war that gives rise to individual criminal responsibility for actions by combatants in action such as intentionally killing civilians etc (wiki). 

11 hours ago, heybruce said:

I think it's more like a racist paranoia.

The reason I used "bigoted" instead of "racist" is that it invites denials along the lines that Mexicans aren't a race, etc.. Using "bigoted"  makes wading into that nonsense unnecessary.