Two killed, 40 students injured in road accident in Sukhothai province

webfact

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2023-03-18T171422.452-600x338.jpg

A student and a car driver died and about 40 other students were injured late Friday night, when a bus, taking the students on a study trip, was in a collision with a car in Sawankhalok district of Sukhothai province.

The district police said that the tour bus was returning from Chon Buri carrying more than 40 students from Ban Nong Haen School in Sukhothai when the collision happened in Ban Nong Wongwian in Pak Nam sub-district.

The force of the impact sent the bus into a roadside ditch.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-killed-40-students-injured-in-road-accident-in-sukhothai-province/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 2

Question: how many students on the bus? How many seats on the bus? I had a big bust up with a school irector that I was a teacher at over a bus which was carrying a hundred student back from a summer camp all to save him money!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Again another report of a serious accident involving a Coach and another vehicle, details so sketchy one uses he imagination to wonder why a car hitting a bus would force the bus into a ditch.

RIP to the deceased and that the POLICE whle invstigating come to the truth about the accident, although sadly that hope is somewhat dimmed.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 10:39 PM, BritScot said:

Question: how many students on the bus? How many seats on the bus? I had a big bust up with a school irector that I was a teacher at over a bus which was carrying a hundred student back from a summer camp all to save him money!!!

Hope you weren’t teaching English language  ¯\_()_/¯

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

There never is any such investigate follow ups.

SOP.

Well very rarely for sure the Red Bull case was that solved. 

There's so much social news on Aseannow lately with no follow up that makes many posts not worth reading most of the time. 

7 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Hope you weren’t teaching English language  ¯\_()_/¯

Yes I was along with computer science, science and physical education.  I also know the difference from chatting on a forum and producing lesson plans, preparing and teaching lessons. Boy oh boy you must be a hoot in company. 

• Like 1

Lack of enforcement keeps Thailands mileage death rate at the highest of all countries.....sad for everyone.  RiP poor student who will never grow up and become what he/she dreamed of becoming.....the RTP should all be sacked and new officers willing to do the job without corruption and actually working by stopping vehicles being driven badly, being driven on the wrong side of the road, without lights on and driven by impaired drivers would be heros in this country and in my view.

On 3/20/2023 at 6:41 AM, Srikcir said:

Was there a decision to transport students late at night instead of an overnight lodging for the students whose safety is surely more valuable than such cost?

Fraid not , Money first , safety way down the list in all walks of society here . Sad isn't it.