Why do people ask questions on this forum and then expect the answers are correct when they are FREQUENTLY wrong? Is Google broken?

nglodnig

11 hours ago, LosLobo said:

believing the science. 

Search Google.  Over 10 billion fake scientific reports online.   

I can’t believe anything!

99% sure the Earth is round.   Never 100

6 million scientific facts proven wrong in last 25 years

nothing is certain

Well, I put your exact question to Chat GPT and this is what it replied (which seems like a good and informative answer):

As an AI language model, I can tell you that there are a few reasons why people might ask questions on this forum and expect correct answers:

1. Trust in the community: People may ask questions on this forum because they trust the community to provide accurate and helpful answers. While there is no guarantee that every answer will be correct, many people find that the collective knowledge and experience of the community can be valuable in finding solutions to their problems.

2. Limited knowledge or resources: Some people may not have access to the information they need or may not know how to find it. In these cases, asking a question on a forum like this can be a way to get help from others who have more knowledge or experience.

3. Confirmation bias: People may ask questions on this forum with a preconceived notion of what the answer should be. When they receive an answer that supports their preconceptions, they may be more likely to accept it as correct, even if it is not.

It's important to remember that not all answers on this forum will be correct, and it's always a good idea to do your own research and verify information before relying on it. While Google can be a helpful resource, it's not always the most reliable source of information, and sometimes it can be difficult to find the information you need without some guidance or assistance from others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poppysdad said:

I’ve just checked my settings on my iPhone and roaming is switched off. I can make and receive phone calls around Thailand and the UK. I can receive and send SMS and messages likewise. Along with using Facebook and Line and FaceTime both here and abroad for messages and chats. 

GSM roaming is enabled by the carrier, not your phone. The phone setting is secondary to the carrier's roaming setting.

30 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

Search Google.  Over 10 billion fake scientific reports online.   

I can’t believe anything!

99% sure the Earth is round.   Never 100

6 million scientific facts proven wrong in last 25 years

nothing is certain

Yet, by definition a fact is a thing that is known or proved to be true.

And death is certain.

I believe that critical thinking is an essential skill for identifying fake from fact.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I do believe this was a true wind-up post as the OP author has never responded to any of the posts some 12 hours plus later.  So I am calling this a baiting OP and moving on.

He's sleeping it off. Or in the hospital.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I do believe this was a true wind-up post as the OP author has never responded to any of the posts some 12 hours plus later.  So I am calling this a baiting OP and moving on.

Er I'm in a different time-zone and hence was asleep?

9 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Er I'm in a different time-zone and hence was asleep?

Then your not aware of how things are in Thailand, so why post on this Thai based forum.  When I go back to visit the US if I want to do anything which requires an OTP code to be sent to my phone I need to set my phone up through my cellular company here to allow roaming and to obtain the code. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

FACTS that CANNOT be debated here!!!!!!!

1. A piece of string is 5.69 cm long

2.  A rock weighs 1 stone

3.  All houses in Thailand are the same

4.  Pollution is good for you

5.  Expats go crazy

6.  Drinking is good for you if everyone hates you

7.  There is no such thing as family

8.  Lotteries are the matrix

9.  Everything is a lie

10.  9 is a lie

11. Thai bargirls mean it when they say "I Love you teerak"

This forum is a great place for certain types of information.

But you need to filter it.

Members here are not shy about disagreeing and if there are differing answers you can sort them out and figure out what the truth is.

• Like 1