Somsak confident Pheu Thai will form post-election government

webfact

image.jpeg

Former Justice Minister Somsak Thepsuthin says he is confident that Pheu Thai, currently the main opposition party, stands a “99% chance” of forming the next government.

“There is only a 1% chance that it will end up in the opposition bloc again,” predicted Somsak, a veteran politician who recently left the ruling Palang Pracharath Party to join Pheu Thai.

Somsak is part of the so-called “Sam Mitr” political clique, which helped Palang Pracharath to make significant gains in the 2014 election. Somsak and other members of the group left the party last week.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/somsak-confident-pheu-thai-will-form-post-election-government/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I hope it will be Move Forward... Pheu Thai is always connected to Thaksin and family, and they have their part already enough

I agree with you but it wont happen.

Thaksin dragged millions out of poverty and they love him for it. He will win like he has won every election for the last 20 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Somsak is part of the so-called “Sam Mitr” political clique, which helped Palang Pracharath to make significant gains in the 2014 election. Somsak and other members of the group left the party last week.

Musical chairs has started.. looking for a seat when the singing and dancing stops.

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

I can see why this person is called a "veteran politician"

yep, back to current favourite even if it wasn't your first choice - not let principle get in your way.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

My wife's family are anti thaskin for some reason.  But I wonder how these poor villagers choose?  Is it dictated at the monthly village head meetings?   Brainwashing?  Mom does watch some news on tv.   Many in the village are not keen on marijuana it seemed. They had problems with some young hard drug dealers in the village and maybe all drugs except bettlenut are bad?  I think they lean towards royalists.  Because I know my wife wasn't supportive of the young protesters.     I've shown her the press in the real World media on this matter.  I tell her if it's ok for him it's ok for me too. 

Plus how does Somsak think people will know he switched sides?  Or is this more that he knows most people are sick of prayut so he went to odds on favorite like he says.   

Edited by Elkski
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Elkski said:

But I wonder how these poor villagers choose? Is it dictated at the monthly village head meetings?   Brainwashing? 

They choose their tribal/feudal representative/overlord.

Bangkok Thais vote for Prayut

Lao/Lanna/Issan speaking Thais vote for Thaksin.

Southern Thais vote to be in another country.

Edited by BritManToo