Cruel and unusual punishment

n00dle

During the sports day where I work someone let the students choose the playlist of songs.  It was amazing.  Hitler's speeches, national anthem of Russia, endless meme music.  It went on for a whole day.

Edited by markclover

just get used to it... In my neighbourhood there is a rice soup shop with a girl that screams the whole day so I can hear everything she says. And at the other end there is a car wash 300 m away that plays so loud music every day that I have to increase the volume of the tv if I want to hear anything. And than cars with a bass that make your glasses dance on the tables are driving during day and night... Indeed hours same song is terrible, there are laws but no one is willing to enforce them.. and in Thaland sound torture is normal.. Especially when in restaurants and parties where you have to listen to people and music that can't play and sing

16 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

just get used to it... In my neighbourhood there is a rice soup shop with a girl that screams the whole day so I can hear everything she says. And at the other end there is a car wash 300 m away that plays so loud music every day that I have to increase the volume of the tv if I want to hear anything. And than cars with a bass that make your glasses dance on the tables are driving during day and night... Indeed hours same song is terrible, there are laws but no one is willing to enforce them.. and in Thaland sound torture is normal.. Especially when in restaurants and parties where you have to listen to people and music that can't play and sing

I have lived in Bangkok since 1996 most of it on this soi. I'm hardly bothered by ambient noise. This werid earworm is, as I mentioned cruel and unusual.  

And its still going strong.

Just now, n00dle said:

I have lived in Bangkok since 1996 most of it on this soi. I'm hardly bothered by ambient noise. This werid earworm is, as I mentioned cruel and unusual.  

I have build a home outside the city to enjoy the quietness of the countryside. But in the 15 years I live here in my house now I never sat outside because of the surrounded noises...Complained a lot, but with no results 

17 minutes ago, n00dle said:

No doubt you've heard the saying "sharing is caring", well let me tell you, it's <deleted>!

Having had a chuckle on reading your OP over an hour ago that damn song has been going round and round in my head ever since and I can't even remember the last time I actually heard it for real ... nor would these help me????