Nonthaburi IO residency certificate

9 hours ago, Melpomene said:

Any suggestions would be welcome...

I’ll try sending copies of my passport, TM47, and TM30 as suggested by Nonthaburi immigration and will report back here. I suspect it will take a couple weeks at least. 

From what I was told, they stopped doing the COR/LOR letter of res. in Trat IO for driving licenses then they got so many complaints, they started doing them again. Somebody somewhere in immigration seems to have come up with this idea on how to pee us off even more, IMO they don't like the extra (FREE for us) work, and i think maybe has to be signed off at least by the office Chief who is often not there, maybe at meetings coming up with more stupidity out on jolly home visits, We all know its corruption when charged for these, you won't get a receipt init. So even if there was a standard legal fee the IO wouldn't be able to pocket it. I M O.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Somebody somewhere in immigration seems to have come up with this idea on how to pee us off even more, IMO they don't like the extra (FREE for us) work, and i think maybe has to be signed off at least by the office Chief who is often not there

The crazy thing is that they make more work for themselves by being difficult and inefficient. I had all my paperwork in order when I went to get my Non-O. Ten f@!$&@!ing visits later and I received my stamp. I dressed well. I was polite. I became increasingly frustrated and voiced my opinions (against Thai cultural norms, I know) on each visit. On the ninth visit, I was asked what’s wrong with my paperwork when I was sitting down to speak with them. I told them there’s NOTHING wrong with my paperwork but then they come up with a new form and promise me that it will be the last one one each previous visit. Then she asked for one more redundant form and i nearly blew a gasket. I got a little loud and they finally took my money and asked that I just bring this final document back within 48 hours. 

Now all they have to do is spend a couple minutes providing a form that is required by some other government entity to register a car. The DLT should just accept a driver license (That requires this same exact form) or a passport. 

I love this country but things like thriving on inefficiencies and absurdities can wear you down. It’s part of why so many folks on forums like this one seem to be so miserable. I’ll be able to enjoy myself again once I figure out how to satisfy their requirements. 

Edited by TXTony
Typo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Melpomene said:

I had exactly the same issue with Pathum Thani immigration recently. Went to get certificate of residence and they wouldn't do it, saying I have to get it from my embassy. 

According to the British Embassy website they don't issue these documents either! 

So I'm currently at a bit of a loss as to how to get this document. Any suggestions would be welcome...

Thanks for the info because that was going to be my IO and I would need one to get a bank account 

• 10 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 2:53 PM, TXTony said:

Yes. I told them it was for a car. I even brought a Thai friend this time. They are insisting that I can just give the DLT a copy of my passport, TM30, and TM47. 

I’ll soon find out if they are lying again. 

As a side note request; those of you claiming to have received a residency certificate from Nonthaburi this year, could you please submit a copy here with all your personal information blacked out? 

There's a lot of confusion in this thread. 

Today it's March 19, 2024. I'm in Nonthaburi. I'm about to buy a new car. Yesterday I went to Nonthaburi immigration. Yes they do provide you the certificate of residence. They said it would take 7 days to process and it must be picked up in person. 

The lender has to have a residence certificate. Nothing will happen until you submit this document. If a foreigner is the owner there is no choice but to get this document. So before getting a new car, just apply for it because it takes time to get it. I would do this first if trying to get a new car so the loan can be approved. 

They gave me these documents. No weird stuff. No bribes. No fighting. No misunderstandings. Nothing. We just asked for it and they gave it to us. 

1000000833-01.jpeg

1000000834-01.jpeg

1000000835-01.jpeg

Edited by Thai_iphone4

1 hour ago, Thai_iphone4 said:

They said it would take 7 days to process and it must be picked up in person. 

It also takes time at CW. They say up to 2 weeks and cost is 200b and it's mailed out.

So not issued on the spot is not uncommon. 

BTW: for TDL you will require a certificate of residence.  

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It also takes time at CW. They say up to 2 weeks and cost is 200b and it's mailed out.

So not issued on the spot is not uncommon. 

BTW: for TDL you will require a certificate of residence.  

I've had a Thai license and been renewing them for nearly 20 years. 

The issue is people here are saying Nonthaburi immigration doesn't issue a certificate of residence which isn't true. I'm not sure who gave the impression it could be issued on the spot. And I'm not referring to chaengwattana, I said Nonthaburi Immigration, which is the issue in this thread. It doesn't matter what Chaengwattana Immigration said because this thread is about Nonthaburi immigration.

I'm not sure why you're repeating about ChaengWattana and how long it takes and that it can't be issued on the spot. I never asked or said any of that. I am clarifying Nonthaburi immigration. 

1) yes you can get it there and they issue the certificate. 

2) it takes 7 days and must be picked up in person 

3) I provided photos of the forms they give you. 

And that's the end of it. 

Also, another misinformation here. The US embassy says nothing about "except nonthaburi". Those words aren't there at all. That's all. Just to leave it clear. Either people are misleading on purpose or it has changed since last year so I'm updating this with the correct info. About Nonthaburi immigration (see the thread title). 

Screenshot_20240319_132818_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240319_133152_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Thai_iphone4