Nonthaburi IO residency certificate

Hi

What documents do i need to get residency certificate from nonthaburi IO? Im doing it for my 5 year driving license. At the moment i have 2 years but will expire in april.

-tm30

-house book

-passport

-work permit?

Anything else?

and what form should i fill in at the IO?

Also i heard that it takes a week for free but you can get it right away for 500 baht. Is it true?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Thank you so much.. sorry for asking but what is tm47 ? Is it 90 days report?

Yes.

Your 90 day report. 

At CW it is 100% required.

Not sure about Nonthaburi

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Limey125 said:

I was told 2 weeks, I needed it the same day so paid, I think 1000 Baht, took about 30 minutes after that

thank you

did they ask you if you want it the same day or you asked them/told them ?

Edited by problemfarang

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

thank you

Please report back your experience.

At CW it's 200b and no option for same day service.

It's mail out and can take 1-2 weeks.

May not be an issue as might take you that long to get appointment at Transport office for your TDL Renewal.

I'm also doing mine soon and you may like to check out motor forum.

There is online test you can do. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Please report back your experience.

At CW it's 200b and no option for same day service.

It's mail out and can take 1-2 weeks.

May not be an issue as might take you that long to get appointment at Transport office for your TDL Renewal.

I'm also doing mine soon and you may like to check out motor forum.

There is online test you can do. 

thanks for the info

im going to IO this Monday and i will post what happened here again. 

i didnt know i have to take a test. when i was doing my 2 year license they only took my driving license from my hometown and that was enough. Ohh and i had to watch some video for 1 hour of a 3 hour video with another 100 people who had no idea what they were watching. So probably they will ask me to watch a video again about 1 hour while they are preparing the license. well if they ask me to take a test, its ok can do there. But i will surely check motor forum as your suggestion. Transport office usually gives appointment in 2-3 days. Was like that last time.

I think CW takes longer because covers more area than Nonthaburi IO so 2 weeks makes sense. 

anyway i will post here again on monday.

Edited by problemfarang

10 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Which 1 stop did you use? My tm30 is in nonthaburi. Not bangkok

The one stop is related to BOI.

If you live in Thailand on for example retirement extensions you need to attend immigration office.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:50 PM, problemfarang said:

thank you

I was told two weeks, I then  told them I needed it that day, I mentioned payment, and he informed me of the price to get that done.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

And this was at Nonthaburi? 

Yes, actually i just asked one of my friends who got his residency from nonthaburi IO. He told me exact same thing. He told the IO if he can get it the same day and IO told him yes for 1000 baht. He got it in 30 min

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Limey125 said:

I was told two weeks, I then  told them I needed it that day, I mentioned payment, and he informed me of the price to get that done.

Thanks.

So i will tell the IO that my driving license will be expired by in 2 weeks so if i can take it today. Probabky he will say yes for 1K.

• 4 weeks later...

I need a residency certificate for a new car in Nonthaburi. They have told me several times in the past, and now recently, that they don’t do them. 

I tried going to Pathum Thani this morning but dealing with them is worse than Nonthaburi. 

From the Bangkok US Embassy website: “Residency verification to apply for a drivers license or buy/sell a vehicle: In Bangkok, please contact the Thai Immigration Bureau’s Chaeng Wattana Office (Counter B, 1st Floor) in Bangkok or the nearest regional immigration office in other provinces (except the Nonthaburi office, which does not issue them) to obtain a certificate of residence from Thai Immigration Bureau.”

34 minutes ago, TXTony said:

They have told me several times in the past, and now recently, that they don’t do them. 

Some of posts in this thread indicate success at Nonthaburi.

Perhaps they require an incentive

You won't be able to simply do change of address TM30 and apply at CW, as CW require a TM47 and you cannot provide that for Bangkok province. 

I received my residency certificate at nonthaburi, to renew my license about 12 months ago, had to pay , but otherwise they were happy to provide it, I think there's also another type of residence certificate TM16 maybe they're referring to that, did you mention it was for purchasing a car

• Like 1

Yes. I told them it was for a car. I even brought a Thai friend this time. They are insisting that I can just give the DLT a copy of my passport, TM30, and TM47. 

I’ll soon find out if they are lying again. 

As a side note request; those of you claiming to have received a residency certificate from Nonthaburi this year, could you please submit a copy here with all your personal information blacked out? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well (nor for buying a car) but when i asked residency (first week of the april) for renewing my thai driver license they told me they stopped since last year giving residency certificate. told me i need to contact to my embassy. She clearly told me they are doing only visa types and things / 90 days / tm30  thats all. 

so.. i dont think she tells a lie. If someone did residency in a year time... then.. dont know. But im very sure (i speak fluent thai) she told me they stopped since last year giving residency for thai driver license. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Well (nor for buying a car) but when i asked residency (first week of the april) for renewing my thai driver license they told me they stopped since last year giving residency certificate. told me i need to contact to my embassy. She clearly told me they are doing only visa types and things / 90 days / tm30  thats all. 

so.. i dont think she tells a lie. If someone did residency in a year time... then.. dont know. But im very sure (i speak fluent thai) she told me they stopped since last year giving residency for thai driver license. 

I had exactly the same issue with Pathum Thani immigration recently. Went to get certificate of residence and they wouldn't do it, saying I have to get it from my embassy. 

According to the British Embassy website they don't issue these documents either! 

So I'm currently at a bit of a loss as to how to get this document. Any suggestions would be welcome...

• Thumbs Up 1