Living expense in UK

Later this year,my granddaughter is being sent by her university to UK for a 4 month "placement". I am out of touch with costs there and I am guessing she will need about 700 per month. Would any member still resident in UK or a recent visitor please advise me?

My son & wife are also considering moving from Dubai back to UK, schools and NHS being a big influencer. Are they doing the right thing or not?

I know that diesel here is Bht 35 per litre and £1.60 in UK, electricity is Bht 5 per unit here, and 20 odd in UK. 

A family lunch in Dubai set me back Bht 7000...here 700, in UK would be at least £100.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

If the placement includes accommodation and utilities, she doesn't drink alcohol, and she can use public transport, 700 GBP per month (around 20 GBP per day) should be enough. 

Grocery shopping at Aldi or Lidl is fairly cheap and good quality.

Edited by chickenslegs

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If the placement includes accommodation and utilities, she doesn't drink alcohol, and she can use public transport, 700 GBP per month (around 20 GBP per day) should be enough. 

Grocery shopping at Aldi or Lidl is fairly cheap and good quality.

Thank you, details are sketchy at present.

Keep the suggestions coming please.

1 hour ago, Maybole said:

Thank you, details are sketchy at present.

Keep the suggestions coming please.

You have been quite vague.

Name the living expenses and posters can say how much it will cost .

Without stating the things she will be buying, no one can give a pricing 

I am currently in the U.K. , London , the UK State Pension 2023 will be approx. £28 per Day from April. For a young person to live off £700 per Month May be doable , but would not leave much room for clothes , entertainment or travel , eg. A one Week zones 1-6 travel card which is used for public transport ,  alone costs £84 , whereas a pensioner receives a free pass on public transport , as I say not much wiggle room on £700 per Month.