Online 90-Day Report Rejected

So, I've seen other people posting about this re. Chiang Mai Immigration.

I'm in Chiang Mai and submitted my online 90-day report a few days ago. It was rejected this afternoon. Reason stated:

"Contact immigration to update the (TM30) accommodation notification to date. The last declaration of accommodation at Ben guesthouse 351/10 Road 4/sankongnoi, Rob Wiang Subdistrict, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai Province not Chiang Mai Province."

This is my second 90-day report since I returned to Thailand in September. All I did was go away for 3 days, then return to my home, where I've been based for the past 2 years and from where I've done multiple 90-day reports in person before.

So, does this mean that literally every time I leave my house and stay somewhere else, I'll have to do a new TM30 report? Which is in complete contradiction to the TM30 rules having been relaxed.

And how do I now do the TM30 report? The Section 30 app I used to use appears to have been deleted.

This is all just so ridiculous.

Edited by ettcuk
Clarification
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

here's a thread on how to resurrect the Section38 app...

Ah, yes, thank you very much. I meant Section38, but in my haste and frustration, I made a typo.

I'm currently attempting to do it via the web form. You wouldn't happen to know what we do with the TM.6 number field? I saw a comment somewhere from someone on what letters and numbers to add (something like XX0000), but cannot find it anywhere now.

EDIT: I tried TM00000, and it worked for adding the TM.30 entry. Whether my 90-day report will now be accepted is an entirely different matter!

Edited by ettcuk

1 minute ago, ettcuk said:

Ah, yes, thank you very much. I meant Section38, but in my haste and frustration, I made a typo.

I'm currently attempting to do it via the web form. You wouldn't happen to know what we do with the TM.6 number field? I saw a comment somewhere from someone on what letters and numbers to add (something like XX0000), but cannot find it anywhere now.

When i returned from UK last year without tm6, I just left that bit blank when using section38 app.

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The message you received online seems to indicate they want you to do a new TM30.

And pay a fine for your Thai landlord as immigration will never go after a Thai landlord - just you farang.

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

When i returned from UK last year without tm6, I just left that bit blank when using section38 app.

That works with the Section38 app, but not the immigration website.

Having successfully submitted a TM.30 form using the website, I then re-downloaded the app via my wife's google account and this link. As others have reported, it otherwise doesn't show up in the Play store.

I then signed into the app and tried to do another TM.30 report there, in case the first hadn't worked. But there was already an existing TM.30 recorded for me today, so it did work! Something actually worked...

But it remains to be seen if my new online 90-day report will now be accepted. It's all a bit if a lottery.

14 hours ago, ettcuk said:

So, does this mean that literally every time I leave my house and stay somewhere else,

I've had this happen in the CM immigration many times, the moment you stay at a hotel they update their systems as your new "residence". It requires you to manually submit your TM 30.

For it to work the next time you need to go to the TM 30 office at the rear and tell them to reinstate your old address ????????

7 hours ago, Lifetraxx said:

It requires you to manually submit your TM 30.

For it to work the next time you need to go to the TM 30 office at the rear and tell them to reinstate your old address ????????

Well, I've tried online. Because, presumably, if I was to stay in another hotel, it'd be updated to that. So, hopefully (I know hope means little with all this, but...), my online TM.30 submission will work.

Either way, I'll report back here.

On 3/22/2023 at 4:22 PM, ettcuk said:

So, does this mean that literally every time I leave my house and stay somewhere else, I'll have to do a new TM30 report? Which is in complete contradiction to the TM30 rules having been relaxed.

A quick update for anyone else in Chiang Mai going through this exact same thing. Having updated my TM.30 record online (see above), my resubmitted online 90-day report was accepted. Hoorah! Something actually worked.

So, albeit ridiculous, every time I need to do a 90-day report, I'll just update my TM.30 record online first. Until any other rules are changed, created or made up, that is.