Can't complete online TM30 registration

Hi everyone. i'm attempting to register my TB30 on extranet.immigration.go.th, but it wont let me get passed "* ลงทะเบียนที่หน่วยงาน : Register at" as I'm unable to type any information into that box. If anyone knows how to get around this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, markusss said:

Hi everyone. i'm attempting to register my TB30 on extranet.immigration.go.th, but it wont let me get passed "* ลงทะเบียนที่หน่วยงาน : Register at" as I'm unable to type any information into that box. If anyone knows how to get around this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you! 

That box is automatically populated when you enter your address. When I type my address in it is automatically populated with "ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดบุรีรัมย์" which translates to Buriram Immigration.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

That box is automatically populated when you enter your address. When I type my address in it is automatically populated with "ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดบุรีรัมย์" which translates to Buriram Immigration.

That box isn't auto populating for me for some reason. Tried with a few different browsers, same result..

27 minutes ago, markusss said:

I couldn't find this app. Tried looking on my android tablet to no avail. 

No, you might find you have to download the apk. You can Google for it. You'll probably get warnings about unsafe source or some such, but safe to ignore.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, markusss said:

I couldn't find this app. Tried looking on my android tablet to no avail. 

Have you tried creating a new Thai based google account/changing your existing account to the Thai playstore? It won't show if it thinks you are outside Thailand.

Depending on how risk averse you are you could always grab the apk from another site and side load it e.g. https://apkpure.com/section38/th.go.immigration.section38

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending side loading nor take any responsibility if you do; just offering another option. If you go that way do your due diligence.

49 minutes ago, markusss said:
8 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

That box isn't auto populating for me for some reason. Tried with a few different browsers, same result..

In that case, then just ignore that field and proceed.

20 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Have you tried creating a new Thai based google account/changing your existing account to the Thai playstore? It won't show if it thinks you are outside Thailand.

Depending on how risk averse you are you could always grab the apk from another site and side load it e.g. https://apkpure.com/section38/th.go.immigration.section38

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending side loading nor take any responsibility if you do; just offering another option. If you go that way do your due diligence.

Ahh, that makes sense. Had the same issue trying to find the 7-11 delivery app on apple app store. Thanks for the helpful suggestion.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, markusss said:

Ahh, that makes sense. Had the same issue trying to find the 7-11 delivery app on apple app store. Thanks for the helpful suggestion.  

I've done all that and the Section38 app just will not come up when searching via Google Play Store. I tried various inputs, "section38, section 38, immigration Thailand, immigration bureau Thailand" and it refuses to display the app. 

In the end I used a link provided by Ubonjoe which I've since found out you can also generate yourself via the Play Store once you have the app installed. 

It is...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

27 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I've got the apkpure version of the app running on a second device for a while now with no issues. recent scans with McAfee and Sophos Intercept X we clean.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

In that case, then just ignore that field and proceed.

It wont allow that. It prompts in Thai that the field is still incomplete, thus unable to be completed:  ลงทะเบียนที่หน่วยงาน: กรุณาป้อนข้อมูลให้ครบถ้วน

Edited by markusss

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I've got the apkpure version of the app running on a second device for a while now with no issues. recent scans with McAfee and Sophos Intercept X we clean.

Good to hear, personally I have no issue sideloading apps and I believe apkpure to be "legit", but threw that disclaimer in just in case 555

Edited by Salerno
Typo

13 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Good to hear, personally I have no issue sideloading apps and I believe apkpure to be "legit", but threw that disclaimer in just in case 555

yeah I figured that but I thought I'd try and reassure the OP in case the Play Store link I provided didn't work and they were forced to go the sideload route. 

installing an Android package (APK for the OP's benefit) from "unknown sources" can be a bit intimidating. unfortunately neither of my Android devices are rooted so I can't extract the APK file myself from /system or wherever they live nowadays.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

yeah I figured that but I thought I'd try and reassure the OP in case the Play Store link I provided didn't work and they were forced to go the sideload route.

Good point.

@markusss As with anything like this, nothing is guaranteed, hence the disclaimer. For a bit more info to weigh up the risk, I've just downloaded it and run it through a site I often use as a quick initial check to see if any known issues with a file - none detected (again, disclaimer, still no guarantee).

Scan results URL is rather convoluted so link here if you want to check the results.

Edited by Salerno

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Good point.

@markusss As with anything like this, nothing is guaranteed, hence the disclaimer. For a bit more info to weigh up the risk, I've just downloaded it and run it through a site I often use as a quick initial check to see if any known issues with a file - none detected (again, disclaimer, still no guarantee).

Scan results URL is rather convoluted so link here if you want to check the results.

Noted. Thanks for the APK suggestion as a possible workaround and appreciate the disclaimer : )  

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you're wasting time with the app. It did work pretty well for about 1 year, but since the improvement in the website you should use the website version.

If the website version does not work then try a different browser system such as Opera or Firefox etc. 

6 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I think you're wasting time with the app. It did work pretty well for about 1 year, but since the improvement in the website you should use the website version.

If the website version does not work then try a different browser system such as Opera or Firefox etc. 

AFAIK the TM30 website has not changed at all and the Section38 app works fine. I think you are getting confused with the online 90 day reporting website which has vastly improved and the 90 day app has never worked for me.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1