Bangkok (Lak Si) Immigration required copy of TM30

Hi, 

I just want to make this post if it helps anyone else wanting to extend their visit on a visa exempt. When I went to extend the 45 day exemption yesterday the staff at the first counter (before entering the office), said that they needed to see my tm30. It was then added to the pile of documents that you need to submit to get the extension.

I did see other people there without the printout of their tm30, so I cant say for sure if it was just in my case (since i had the document in hand already), or if it is always required. But yeah, just a heads up.

Side note: I got my tm30 made by the rental property owner the day I entered Thailand, and a copy of it printed.

• Thanks 1

Hey, yeah thats what ive understood aswell - but I never got asked to present it before. Maybe they are just enforcing it now for some reason, but it certainly causes confusion since its not even on their website. Better to just have it with you when going to immigration from now on.

These are the requirements from immigration.go.th: 

Documents to be submitted

Application form TM.7 (application must be made in person)

Copy of applicant’s passport

Photo 4 x 6 cm. (not older than 6 months)

Application fee 1,900 Baht.

• Thanks 1

Is immigration's electronic data processing (EDP) really so bad that immigration officials cannot look up the registration of a foreigner's submission of the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days?

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Is immigration's electronic data processing (EDP) really so bad that immigration officials cannot look up the registration of a foreigner's submission of the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days?

My guess is they are still using windows XP on old computers ???? too much of a hassle. Im sure they can look it up if they have to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raz0r21 said:

My guess is they are still using windows XP on old computers ???? too much of a hassle. Im sure they can look it up if they have to

Does not apply.

You were obtaining extension to visa exempt entry.

TM47 (90 day report) would not have been made.

For extensions to tourist visa and visa exempt immigration (Laksi) a TM30 would be required. 

Immigration made extension of visa dependent on the TM30 - basically making it our problem not the property owners if a TM30 was not filed as it should have been.* That is just so warped. I would hardly call it "International Standard". Why don't they go after the non filing landlords - TM30 was brought back because the Iranian bombers stayed somewhere that did not report - how does penalising the law abiding visa holder protect against that?

*yes, I know CW will let you file as "Possessor" with lease and utility bill, but not all offices do.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

*yes, I know CW will let you file as "Possessor" with lease and utility bill, but not all offices do

CW most likely would not accept a TM30 based on lease and utility bill.

You also state the following...

"Immigration made extension of visa dependent on the TM30" 

Visas are not extended.

Extensions of stay basically fall into couple of groups.

For those obtaining annual extension a TM30 should not be required. However some rubbish offices require one.

For 30 day extension to tourist visa and visa exempt entry then usually a TM30 is necessary. 

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Visas are not extended.

Looks like that is what is happening to my original Non O visa - extended based on retirement. NON "B" for work also when I worked here and extended every year.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For those obtaining annual extension a TM30 should not be required.

It seems they are focusing on TM30 now for annual extensions - if not asked that is because a TM47 which you must provide requires a TM30 to have been filed. There are always those who say they never get asked for one or the other or both - I was not asked for Tm30 but I provided a TM47. I had to provide TM30 docs for transfer stamps to new passport and 90 day report.

Edited by mokwit

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

CW most likely would not accept a TM30 based on lease and utility bill.

Somebody answered a thread on the subject of TM30 filed as possessor by saying he had been able to do this on more than one occasion. They prefer Lease, Owner ID and housebook.

7 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Looks like that is what is happening to my original Non O visa - extended based on retirement

Just to be clear.

Visas are not extended.

Your non O provided you with a 90 day permission of stay.

That visa is used. 

Your subsequent extensions are just extension of your permission of stay. 

You also state.....

"There are always those who say they never get asked for one or the other or both - I was not asked for Tm30 but I provided a TM47. I had to provide TM30 docs for transfer stamps to new passport and 90 day report." 

Guess I'm one of those as have been here 10 years on extensions based on retirement and have never filed a TM30. 

You also post....

"They prefer Lease, Owner ID and housebook.".

Indeed that is what's required. BTW signed by owner.

Not lease and utility bill. 

However sometimes accepted. 

Edited by DrJack54

I got a 30 day (visa exempt) extension last Tuesday at the e-extension office 3rd floor of the B Building on Chaeng Wattana Road. No TM30 was requested or needed. I submitted a few forms, signed something acknowledging the penalty for overstaying, paid the 1900 baht fee online with a credit card at the VFS web site. Appointment set for 9am, nobody there the place was deserted, only me and the immigration officer, I said hello, sat down, she stuck a stamp in my passport and I was out of there in less than 10 minutes.  The next day I happened to be up on the 4th floor of IT Square and that place was a jam packed mad house, I'd never go there after seeing how easy it was to do it online.

Edited by handymax

Every time I have been at Lak Si I go very early. I am there at 8 AM already, ready to start filling in the forms which they bring out a bit before opening at 8:30. Usually theres only 5 to 6 people there during that time so it doesnt take more than 30-45 minutes in total. 

Just a suggestion for those who want a smoother experience. Thanks for the tip about the online application handymax.