Social Security - Contacting the US Embassy in Manila

I've been trying for weeks now to reach someone at the US Embassy in Manila in order to find out the status of my SS Benefit Application and  haven't had any success with getting through.

It's extremely difficult when only 6 hours a week are allotted and from my experience there is no 'on hold queue' when calling in. It seems to continuously ring, continuously play the recorded messages, and the keypad doesn't work when trying to make a selection the recording had provided.

What has been your recent experience and what have you done to successfully contact someone about the progress of your benefit application review?

If anyone can give me some ideas or what helped you that would be much appreciated.

NOTES:

- I have sent 2 FBU enquires thru the Manila Embassy website. I waited until 21 business days elapsed before submitting the second one.

- I have called the US 800 twice and while it did take me quite awhile to connect to a human I was able to get through both times but they said they could not       help me and insisted I contact the Manila Embassy. 

- I have tied to contact the SSA International office in Baltimore but unable to get through to them on the phone (410-965-0160)

You can direct email to the FBU at [email protected]; but that may still not get a response any different than thru the Manila website.

If you have a my Social Security account, that will show your application status and no one in Manila will probably have anything else to offer....

Good Luck.

We've been waiting for the SSA to approve my wife's benefit start up application since the first week of December.....

10 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

You can direct email to the FBU at [email protected]; but that may still not get a response any different than thru the Manila website.

If you have a my Social Security account, that will show your application status and no one in Manila will probably have anything else to offer....

Good Luck.

We've been waiting for the SSA to approve my wife's benefit start up application since the first week of December.....

Thanks for the direct email address, I'll give that a try.

I do have a My SS account and checking it shows the same thing since I applied online just before Christmas. It has now been 3 months since I applied and I haven't heard squat. I was hoping to start receiving benefits March 1st but that obviously didn't happen. 

It's a shame a person cannot get through via the phone line.

I feel pretty much I'm in dire straits. I think next week I'll try calling the US Embassy in BKK to see if they can be of any assistance.

3 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I feel pretty much I'm in dire straits. I think next week I'll try calling the US Embassy in BKK to see if they can be of any assistance.

Don't get your hopes up....I fully expect the US Embassy BKK to tell you what their website says.....see weblink/snapshot below.    Other than certifying/notarizing docs required to apply for SS, the US Embassy BKK and the Chiang Mai Consulate got totally out of the SS assistance business several years ago.     

All you can really do is continue to try contacting the Manila SS FBU via the online Contact form, their email address, and/or by calling them.    I know it's frustrating....for years the ability to actually talk to a human at the Manila SS FBU has been challenging to seemingly sometimes almost impossible "unless they called/emailed you."    And it does seem over the last few years it's go even tougher to get info from the Manila FBU.    

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/federal-benefits/social-security/

image.png.190e9bb77882e8d155dde23666415e59.png

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Don't get your hopes up....I fully expect the US Embassy BKK to tell you what their website says.....see weblink/snapshot below.    Other than certifying/notarizing docs required to apply for SS, the US Embassy BKK and the Chiang Mai Consulate got totally out of the SS assistance business several years ago.     

Thanks for pointing that out but I was already fully aware of what is posted on the BKK US Embassy website. How can t hurt to give them a call and pronounce my disappointment with trying to contact the embassy in Manila? 

I have friends who have worked at the consulate in CM and made contacts there while doing so. I will be reaching out to those friends this week to see if perhaps one of their contacts can provide some direction with contacting Manila.

I will ask again, anyone have any recent success with contacting the SSA section in Manila? If so how did you do it? How long did it take?

42 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I will ask again, anyone have any recent success with contacting the SSA section in Manila? If so how did you do it? How long did it take?

I am closing in on 65 y/o and recently contacted the Manila SSA FBU via their web page contact form about how to go about applying for Medicare Part B.  I have not yet started Social Security.

Much to my surprise someone from the Manila FBU called me less than 48 later to tell me exactly what to do. After the phone call, she followed up with the same instructions via email.

Given all the negative experiences many people have with the Manila FBU, I was quite surprised.

I have not yet reached the date when I can apply for Part B – so there’s still plenty of opportunity for things to go wrong.

But so far, so good…

26 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Let me ask this:

When calling in on Tues & Thurs and get the automated message does the keypad work for you when trying to make a selection?

I find it does not work for me.

Yes...keypad works.  I just called 28 Mar at 9:35am Thailand time.   When I pressed 3 per the interactive recording it connected me to the SSA FBU.   

I don't know what numbers you are calling but here are two U.S. numbers that rings at the U.S. Embassy Manila.

202-370-6497

202-370-6642

• Thanks 1

UPDATE:

I tried calling for nearly 2 hrs this morning to contact the Manila embassy and as usual, I could not get through. Yes, I got the automated message system and after the messages were done it said it would connect me with the next representative and as usual rang and rang but no answer. 

Lo and behold, just now checking my emails I see a reply from Manila and they replied from my second FBU inquiry I made just last week (March 21st). I guess the first original FBU inquiry made on Feb 22nd wasn't enough.

Anyway, the email said that they will be calling me on April 12th and provided a time of between 9am and 2pm.....  NOTE: They did say that was Manila time.

So hopefully after 15 weeks this might come to completion <fingers crossed>.

15 weeks.....  so I guess their 2-4 week processing time stated was close.

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yes...keypad works.  I just called 28 Mar at 9:35am Thailand time.   When I pressed 3 per the interactive recording it connected me to the SSA FBU.   

I don't know what numbers you are calling but here are two U.S. numbers that rings at the U.S. Embassy Manila.

202-370-6497

202-370-6642

Thanks for that but I probably won't need now (see my previous post).

I called the number on the Manila Embassy website as well as other places that directed me to it. That number is 632 5301-2000. 

Just curious, where did you obtain those numbers from? I have looked all around and only find the one I list. I did however connect with both the Manila Embassy and Ambassador on Twitter.

13 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Just curious, where did you obtain those numbers from? I have looked all around and only find the one I list. 

I don't remember where I got them....I just have them saved as phone contacts now...saved when the wife and 

I applied for SS years back.  They probably use to be listed (and maybe still are) listed somewhere on the main U.S. Embassy - Manila website. 

If are calling "from" a U.S. number it can make your call free since you are calling from one U.S. number to another versus having to pay like calling from your Thailand number.  

Sometimes when calling the numbers one or both might just ring and ring...but most of the time the interactive system answers after a several rings.

Good luck....sounds like you are close to be officially recognized by the U.S. govt as an "Ol' Geezer"...and pay comes with that bestowed title.   ????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pib said:

If are calling "from" a U.S. number it can make your call free since you are calling from one U.S. number to another versus having to pay like calling from your Thailand number.  

Sometimes when calling the numbers one or both might just ring and ring...but most of the time the interactive system answers after a several rings.

Good luck....sounds like you are close to be officially recognized by the U.S. govt as an "Ol' Geezer"...and pay comes with that bestowed title.   ????

I call using Skype but it does cost me. I think I have spent just a little over $100 USD these past several weeks just to get ringing or an answering system. There has been times an operator picks up and asks what i am calling about. I tell her SS and then she patches me thru to the automated system. 

I have tried using both Skype and my mobile service (AIS/DTAC) and get the same results. But using either one the keypad doesn't seem to recognize my choices on the automated system. (NOTE: Skype is using my PC and of course AIS/DTAC is using my mobile, so basically 2 different sources.)

Thx, hopefully it's coming to a conclusion soon. 

racyrick thank you for your information we need more support and volunteers to solve trouble and receive education learn how to deal with SSA.GOV civil servants

To:[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Date:Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 08:07 PM GMT+7
Posted 7 hours ago

After all this noise I make my family has not received SSA.GOV benefits filed 2016 and lost Wells Fargo savings cash deposit 12 years ago and nobody has no one can do

any problem solutions abobe offering so sorry sympathy and good luck etc,

Hope this helps some old folks wake up and perhaps deliver messages to the  USA Inspector Attorney General SSA.GOV  division, the USA State Department Washindton DC and to the White house and include the USA Treasury distribution mail office?

Send your information direct, contact these USA.GOV, isolated, seperated not cross communicating departments and best wishes to your SWIFT IDD routed.... SSA.GOV

BENEFIT THAILAND BANK DEPOSIT money intercepted by FBU SSA.GOV manila agent Robert Jocson!
 https://register.state.gov/contactus/completed

We as old American citizens, are due timely, accountable, SSA.GOV benefits. Your filing for SSA.GOV benefits are re routed. intercepted,  every time a SIX month delayed transaction process, ignored by SSA.GOV paid Manila FBU agents IF YOU ARE first

filing inside Thailand and also retired living in Thailand,  outside USA territory!

Manila FBU civil labor is assigned to register your Thailand phone number, and register your Thailand house address and your Thailand bank account number!

BECAUSE you have retired in Thailand and have no living USA friends or family who wish to volunteer SSA.GOV benefits under their USA name registered address, and phone number and USA bank account money to be forwarded to you living in Thailand using an extra credit USA debit or credit card managed by friends,,,,

Older retired USA citizens are forced to follow Manila FBU agents instructions because they do not work for SSA.GOV have no understanding proceedures and policy of the USA SSA.GOV, can not simply walk in facing a desk agent civil servant office!!

This was untill 2017, past history, offered as courtesy from USA Embassy Citizen Services but no longer after 2017!

The USA EMBASSY is not paid by the SSA.GOV beehive !!!!  The USA Embassy staff is not trained and can not process your SSA.GOV benefits ! As of 2018 the USA Embassy stop printing SSA.GOV forms required signatures to pickup USA Treasury checks in person with a valid USA passport... After 2017 all SSA.GOV benefit applications are intercepted by FBU Manila and ignored by USA SSA.GOV Baltimore Office of Internetional Operations paid to process USA citizens retired outside the USA

Up until 2018 the USA Embassy offered as a courtesy to deliver USD Treasury paper checks to USA citizens.  2018 USA Embassy developed serious communications

trouble.. postal mail, diplomatic delivery troubles, ignored email reply from all
directed by and from the people in charge of Manila FBU paid by SSA.GOV!

Today USA citizens SSA.GOV applications that are not connected to a USA home address and phone must be processed under the training, the education, the motivated or careless service attention from scattered isolated Manila FBU SSA.GOV
paid temporary hired civil job workers..

The last FBU manager in charge of Manila FBU told us out right asked us "why we bother HIS workers? Manila is trying to save money and Manila do not send or answer paper mail or phone we should  go online use the internet?"

We explained we have only asked for one original SSA.GOV card demanded by bank manager at Wells Fargo Costa Mesa, California before releasing our cash deposit!"

Then we explained to this brain dead manager there is no internet access because SSA.GOV monkeys demanded a credit card, credit bank verification and a USA phone registration and a USA home address to verify internet connections to SSA.GOV...

WE CONTINUED EXPLAINING THAT THE USA EMBASSY HAS CERTIFIED AND VERIFIED FORWARDING OUR IDENTIFICATION PAPERS and application SSA OMB-0960-0066 for one  SSA card demanded by a bank and this SSA paper card was worthless trash outside the USA same as Medicare card application so why not deliver what is their fiduciary duty to USA citizens after stripping naked our retired old age identity?

SSA.GOV  USA citizen access was impossible outside the USA as a first time start up online internet SSA start up and this SSA.GOV declared office staff manager did not know and never help to deliver a SSA.GOV id card over several years filed paper forms applications at the USA Embassy to be delivered to a Sally Lee SSA.GOV agent paper letter requesting we identify we are USA citizens.

The USA Embassy was intercepted by Manila FBU agent Robert Jocson followed by repeated repeated mail and phone to try and get Wells Fargo cash deposit wired to our home....  NOTHING WAS DONE SALLY LEE CALIFORNIA CLOSED OUT because we asked Manila deliver but Manila did nothing

That is why we harassed this brain dead manager HIS WORKERS who all did nothing deliver nothing just faded away remain silent Manila FBU supervision operates!

The manager should have stayed on and follow up and deliver one simple SSA card that was filed requested several years but ignored by Manila brain dead monkeys paid by SSA,GOV

USA citizens can file and mail IDD direct Thailand bank money Baht deposit forms, intercepted, delayed papers to Manila FBU hired civil labor boys and girls...  

There are USA citizens reading / listening and people with multiple SSA,GOV problems have SSA.GOV communication trouble!

It is rumored that  SSA.GOV agents ignore all replies for SIX months to the USA citizens who are outside the USA territory. We have had brain dead reply from SSA.GOV

International Operations Baltimore Maryland and their phone recorded messages are

huge waste of long distance phone bills extorted from retired USA citizens. SSA.GOV do not care argue that 60 million people call them every day!!!  BULLS BULLS there

are only a hand full of USA citizens pernamently isolated and retired in Thailand

who need simple accurate, dependable, accountable,  conscientious well paid fiduciary services from Manila FBU SSA.GOV workers

In closing THERE IS SOMEBODY LISTENING  !!!!  Goto 

We declared we have given up after 12 years Manila FBU operations management failure, however all of a sudden we got a phone call yesterday !!!. No warning out of the sky no advanced notice  We answered the phone call "is this 3BB internet" because we called 3BB internet Bangkok earlier....

The voice of a man, a boy growled, "no this is not 3BB" and just hung up!!!
The phone number is +69 705 120 2370 6497
direct connection to the Manila FBU another EXAMPLE of brain dead SSA.GOV untrained monkey attitude civil servant !!

We made phone connection to FBU MANILA and was asked "why the reasons FBU called? Now 12 years later FBU Manila stop processing our SSA.GOV benefit because "FBU Manila need our Thailand home address????"

We spelled out letters that we received several letters to our home and that address spelling was repeated. was exact same what was on their records and also our

Bangkok Bank manager was extremelly upset because the bank repeated to FBU Manila all our bank account number and our IDD deposit address history several times over the years !!..

FBU agent appologized and said he will start our SSA.GOV benefit deposit that was never was deposited and NOW ignored since Robert Jocson, Krristina Cuevaz, Iveez

Gomez list of 17 agents under Robert Jocson over past 12 years...

We do not work for SSA.GOV and as monkey only obey and follow and followed each and every filed applications from all 17 SSA.GOV agents under Robert Jocson involved all names above listed contacted  as started and verified  2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023....

We forget about 2011 Wells Fargo lost money because of Robert Jocson FBU Manila!

A box of mail delivered by USA Embassy to Manila FBU and to SSA.GOV International Operations / USA Attorney General Fraud and Deputy Director of SSA.GOV followed

by phone calls and more phone calls..... !I!U(*)  

This is our reason old folks should contact the Whitehouse and the Inspector General SSA Fraud and a mysterious temporary assigned ghost Deputy  Director of SSA.GOV and this is why we as the deprived  old people gave up and do not believe all the BS BS BS continuous BULLS even after a phone call yesterday from Manila FBU brain dead monkeys paid by SSA.GOV.

These people use all excuses to protect their Manila pay checks and cover up the gross negligent bordering fraud at Manila FBU !

We can now wait another 6 months for a ^&*&^$ SSA.GOV post card but just do not care too old to care about it any more...

TODAY facts from the Thailand police and Thailand Immigration filing a resident visa, the laws in order to OPEN A THAILAND BANK account  you must first apply and

receive a passport retirement  verified visa stamp issued for at least six months

validated in your updated passport certified by a RESIDENT letter form from

Immigration !

Your passport is inspected, verified and stamped recorded using TM7 form Thailand Immigration includes proof of residence certified address using TM30 filed property owner form also police inspection and include your phone as necessary bank profile application data.

TODAY banks in Thailand demand to file all these documents prior to granting bank account number. Further more the top bank manager must sign name, using their

address, bank manager phone number and then inspect and aprove SSA.GOV Direct

Deposit bank account during a passport face to face interview with and during the SSA.GOV IDD application process! We been there and done that years ago!

These security identity  measures with a valid biometric passport stamped resident letter visa and a certified resident address with a registered traced phone number are the same as the  USA SSA.GOV application for a NEW online mySSA application

BUT

totally  ignored by SSA.GOV temporary boy and girl untrained civil servants hired by Manila FBU manged by brain dead SSA.GOV managers... There are no dedicated enthusiastic motivated interest other than receiving a pay check at Manila FBU. There are no motivated interest towards solutions and there is no help from SSA.GOV FBU Manila out of control not supervised Baltimore International operation.     
We told Manila FBU agent on the phone yesterday we gave up the SSA.GOV benefits money a long time ago!

At our old age and blind vision there is not much we can do or purchase but stay home wait to die.

SSA money was needed 2016 and we could have used the money over all the years wasted with brain dead irresponsible out of control SSA.GOV Manila FBU operations.

Hope this helps some old folks wake up and perhaps deliver messages to the  USA INSPECTOR General SSA fraud State Department the White house ????

Send your information to these USA isolated departments and best wishes to receive
your SSA.GOV BENEFIT money intercepted at and by FBU manila Robert Jocson!

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-03193

5 minutes ago, tamy said:

racyrick thank you for your information we need more support and volunteers to solve trouble and receive education learn how to deal with SSA.GOV civil servants

To:[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Date:Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 08:07 PM GMT+7
Posted 7 hours ago

After all this noise I make my family has not received SSA.GOV benefits filed 2016 and lost Wells Fargo savings cash deposit 12 years ago and nobody has no one can do

any problem solutions abobe offering so sorry sympathy and good luck etc,

Hope this helps some old folks wake up and perhaps deliver messages to the  USA Inspector Attorney General SSA.GOV  division, the USA State Department Washindton DC and to the White house and include the USA Treasury distribution mail office?

Send your information direct, contact these USA.GOV, isolated, seperated not cross communicating departments and best wishes to your SWIFT IDD routed.... SSA.GOV

BENEFIT THAILAND BANK DEPOSIT money intercepted by FBU SSA.GOV manila agent Robert Jocson!

We as old American citizens, are due timely, accountable, SSA.GOV benefits. Your filing for SSA.GOV benefits are re routed. intercepted,  every time a SIX month delayed transaction process, ignored by SSA.GOV paid Manila FBU agents IF YOU ARE first

filing inside Thailand and also retired living in Thailand,  outside USA territory!

Manila FBU civil labor is assigned to register your Thailand phone number, and register your Thailand house address and your Thailand bank account number!

BECAUSE you have retired in Thailand and have no living USA friends or family who wish to volunteer SSA.GOV benefits under their USA name registered address, and phone number and USA bank account money to be forwarded to you living in Thailand using an extra credit USA debit or credit card managed by friends,,,,

Older retired USA citizens are forced to follow Manila FBU agents instructions because they do not work for SSA.GOV have no understanding proceedures and policy of the USA SSA.GOV, can not simply walk in facing a desk agent civil servant office!!

This was untill 2017, past history, offered as courtesy from USA Embassy Citizen Services but no longer after 2017!

The USA EMBASSY is not paid by the SSA.GOV beehive !!!!  The USA Embassy staff is not trained and can not process your SSA.GOV benefits ! As of 2018 the USA Embassy stop printing SSA.GOV forms required signatures to pickup USA Treasury checks in person with a valid USA passport... After 2017 all SSA.GOV benefit applications are intercepted by FBU Manila and ignored by USA SSA.GOV Baltimore Office of Internetional Operations paid to process USA citizens retired outside the USA

Up until 2018 the USA Embassy offered as a courtesy to deliver USD Treasury paper checks to USA citizens.  2018 USA Embassy developed serious communications

trouble.. postal mail, diplomatic delivery troubles, ignored email reply from all
directed by and from the people in charge of Manila FBU paid by SSA.GOV!

Today USA citizens SSA.GOV applications that are not connected to a USA home address and phone must be processed under the training, the education, the motivated or careless service attention from scattered isolated Manila FBU SSA.GOV
paid temporary hired civil job workers..

The last FBU manager in charge of Manila FBU told us out right asked us "why we bother HIS workers? Manila is trying to save money and Manila do not send or answer paper mail or phone we should  go online use the internet?"

We explained we have only asked for one original SSA.GOV card demanded by bank manager at Wells Fargo Costa Mesa, California before releasing our cash deposit!"

Then we explained to this brain dead manager there is no internet access because SSA.GOV monkeys demanded a credit card, credit bank verification and a USA phone registration and a USA home address to verify internet connections to SSA.GOV...

WE CONTINUED EXPLAINING THAT THE USA EMBASSY HAS CERTIFIED AND VERIFIED FORWARDING OUR IDENTIFICATION PAPERS and application SSA OMB-0960-0066 for one  SSA card demanded by a bank and this SSA paper card was worthless trash outside the USA same as Medicare card application so why not deliver what is their fiduciary duty to USA citizens after stripping naked our retired old age identity?

SSA.GOV  USA citizen access was impossible outside the USA as a first time start up online internet SSA start up and this SSA.GOV declared office staff manager did not know and never help to deliver a SSA.GOV id card over several years filed paper forms applications at the USA Embassy to be delivered to a Sally Lee SSA.GOV agent paper letter requesting we identify we are USA citizens.

The USA Embassy was intercepted by Manila FBU agent Robert Jocson followed by repeated repeated mail and phone to try and get Wells Fargo cash deposit wired to our home....  NOTHING WAS DONE SALLY LEE CALIFORNIA CLOSED OUT because we asked Manila deliver but Manila did nothing

That is why we harassed this brain dead manager HIS WORKERS who all did nothing deliver nothing just faded away remain silent Manila FBU supervision operates!

The manager should have stayed on and follow up and deliver one simple SSA card that was filed requested several years but ignored by Manila brain dead monkeys paid by SSA,GOV

USA citizens can file and mail IDD direct Thailand bank money Baht deposit forms, intercepted, delayed papers to Manila FBU hired civil labor boys and girls...  

There are USA citizens reading / listening and people with multiple SSA,GOV problems have SSA.GOV communication trouble!

It is rumored that  SSA.GOV agents ignore all replies for SIX months to the USA citizens who are outside the USA territory. We have had brain dead reply from SSA.GOV

International Operations Baltimore Maryland and their phone recorded messages are

huge waste of long distance phone bills extorted from retired USA citizens. SSA.GOV do not care argue that 60 million people call them every day!!!  BULLS BULLS there

are only a hand full of USA citizens pernamently isolated and retired in Thailand

who need simple accurate, dependable, accountable,  conscientious well paid fiduciary services from Manila FBU SSA.GOV workers

In closing THERE IS SOMEBODY LISTENING  !!!!  Goto 

We declared we have given up after 12 years Manila FBU operations management failure, however all of a sudden we got a phone call yesterday !!!. No warning out of the sky no advanced notice  We answered the phone call "is this 3BB internet" because we called 3BB internet Bangkok earlier....

The voice of a man, a boy growled, "no this is not 3BB" and just hung up!!!
The phone number is +69 705 120 2370 6497
direct connection to the Manila FBU another EXAMPLE of brain dead SSA.GOV untrained monkey attitude civil servant !!

We made phone connection to FBU MANILA and was asked "why the reasons FBU called? Now 12 years later FBU Manila stop processing our SSA.GOV benefit because "FBU Manila need our Thailand home address????"

We spelled out letters that we received several letters to our home and that address spelling was repeated. was exact same what was on their records and also our

Bangkok Bank manager was extremelly upset because the bank repeated to FBU Manila all our bank account number and our IDD deposit address history several times over the years !!..

FBU agent appologized and said he will start our SSA.GOV benefit deposit that was never was deposited and NOW ignored since Robert Jocson, Krristina Cuevaz, Iveez

Gomez list of 17 agents under Robert Jocson over past 12 years...

We do not work for SSA.GOV and as monkey only obey and follow and followed each and every filed applications from all 17 SSA.GOV agents under Robert Jocson involved all names above listed contacted  as started and verified  2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023....

We forget about 2011 Wells Fargo lost money because of Robert Jocson FBU Manila!

A box of mail delivered by USA Embassy to Manila FBU and to SSA.GOV International Operations / USA Attorney General Fraud and Deputy Director of SSA.GOV followed

by phone calls and more phone calls..... !I!U(*)  

This is our reason old folks should contact the Whitehouse and the Inspector General SSA Fraud and a mysterious temporary assigned ghost Deputy  Director of SSA.GOV and this is why we as the deprived  old people gave up and do not believe all the BS BS BS continuous BULLS even after a phone call yesterday from Manila FBU brain dead monkeys paid by SSA.GOV.

These people use all excuses to protect their Manila pay checks and cover up the gross negligent bordering fraud at Manila FBU !

We can now wait another 6 months for a ^&*&^$ SSA.GOV post card but just do not care too old to care about it any more...

TODAY facts from the Thailand police and Thailand Immigration filing a resident visa, the laws in order to OPEN A THAILAND BANK account  you must first apply and

receive a passport retirement  verified visa stamp issued for at least six months

validated in your updated passport certified by a RESIDENT letter form from

Immigration !

Your passport is inspected, verified and stamped recorded using TM7 form Thailand Immigration includes proof of residence certified address using TM30 filed property owner form also police inspection and include your phone as necessary bank profile application data.

TODAY banks in Thailand demand to file all these documents prior to granting bank account number. Further more the top bank manager must sign name, using their

address, bank manager phone number and then inspect and aprove SSA.GOV Direct

Deposit bank account during a passport face to face interview with and during the SSA.GOV IDD application process! We been there and done that years ago!

These security identity  measures with a valid biometric passport stamped resident letter visa and a certified resident address with a registered traced phone number are the same as the  USA SSA.GOV application for a NEW online mySSA application

BUT

totally  ignored by SSA.GOV temporary boy and girl untrained civil servants hired by Manila FBU manged by brain dead SSA.GOV managers... There are no dedicated enthusiastic motivated interest other than receiving a pay check at Manila FBU. There are no motivated interest towards solutions and there is no help from SSA.GOV FBU Manila out of control not supervised Baltimore International operation.     
We told Manila FBU agent on the phone yesterday we gave up the SSA.GOV benefits money a long time ago!

At our old age and blind vision there is not much we can do or purchase but stay home wait to die.

SSA money was needed 2016 and we could have used the money over all the years wasted with brain dead irresponsible out of control SSA.GOV Manila FBU operations.

Hope this helps some old folks wake up and perhaps deliver messages to the  USA INSPECTOR General SSA fraud State Department the White house ????

Send your information to these USA isolated departments and best wishes to receive
your SSA.GOV BENEFIT money intercepted at and by FBU manila Robert Jocson!

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-03193

I think you need to start making some longer posts.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 9:40 AM, dingdongrb said:

UPDATE:

I tried calling for nearly 2 hrs this morning to contact the Manila embassy and as usual, I could not get through. Yes, I got the automated message system and after the messages were done it said it would connect me with the next representative and as usual rang and rang but no answer. 

Lo and behold, just now checking my emails I see a reply from Manila and they replied from my second FBU inquiry I made just last week (March 21st). I guess the first original FBU inquiry made on Feb 22nd wasn't enough.

Anyway, the email said that they will be calling me on April 12th and provided a time of between 9am and 2pm.....  NOTE: They did say that was Manila time.

So hopefully after 15 weeks this might come to completion <fingers crossed>.

15 weeks.....  so I guess their 2-4 week processing time stated was close.

Recent Update:

I received my call today as scheduled. The phone rang around 11:15am and the call lasted about 30 minutes. The representative was the most nicest person one could have. She was very polite, knowledgeable, and helpful. 

The questions were pretty much routine questions one would expect to ensure I was who I said I was as well as gathering some additional personal information they might not of had and was wanting. Nothing difficult to answer.

As a matter of fact she was very helpful and when it was 'all said and done' she generated and submitted a benefit request application on behalf of my daughter. Come to find out my daughter will be receiving a monthly benefit until she is 18 years old (or 19 if still in high school) and that doesn't affect my benefit. I did not know that and only thought she could receive something upon my death. With her getting over one-half million THB annually that will help with her college fund. Thanks SSA!!

I guess now I need to wait for Manila FBU to send my application to Baltimore for approval. I was told that usually takes 30 days. 

Looks like this process may be coming to an end for me soon. Good luck to those of you still waiting. Do have hope but realize the process generally takes much longer than the 2-4 weeks they state when you submit the online application.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

As a matter of fact she was very helpful and when it was 'all said and done' she generated and submitted a benefit request application on behalf of my daughter. Come to find out my daughter will be receiving a monthly benefit until she is 18 years old (or 19 if still in high school) and that doesn't affect my benefit. I did not know that and only thought she could receive something upon my death. With her getting over one-half million THB annually that will help with her college fund. Thanks SSA!!

I guess now I need to wait for Manila FBU to send my application to Baltimore for approval. I was told that usually takes 30 days. 

Good deal....the SSA is throwing money at you!!!!  The call was probably one of the best you have had in your entire life considering the daughter's benefit news which was a surprise and like thick icing on the cake.  Hope it all works out and is approved.  However, but, Baltimore has 60 days just to take the first look at application which Manila sends to them for review/approval.....so, if it takes longer than 30 days don't be surprised or get nervous about it.

SSA webpage/article and partial quote of the article regarding Social Security "Benefits for Children"

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10085.pdf

image.png.e81469fac0a6f6fb3ff386c225859e4a.png

21 minutes ago, Pib said:

However, but, Baltimore has 60 days just to take the first look at application which Manila sends to them for review/approval.....so, if it takes longer than 30 days don't be surprised or get nervous about it.

And you know this how, from personal experience? 

It might be true but reading some of the posts on this thread, and others, the call from Manila can be anywhere from a week to many months after completing the application. So if that's any indication then the approval from Baltimore could be the same......  big variance

Thx for the link.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

With her getting over one-half million THB annually that will help with her college fund. Thanks SSA!!

Up until about five years ago, representative payees who managed SSA payments for minor children had to file an annual worksheet showing a breakdown of how the funds were used to support the child. While this form is no longer required, there is still the stipulation that the funds be used for the support of the child during the period that they are being paid. This means used for food, shelter, clothing and certain other items of support. The funds aren't supposed to be saved for use for college or other items later.

Some years back, I read about a person who mentioned in a newspaper article that she had saved SSA payments for her dependent's college education. Someone at SSA read the article and contacted her with a demand to repay the funds, if I remember correctly.

There is info about this requirement somewhere on the SSA website and also in the info you'll get if you're the representative payee.

11 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

And you know this how, from personal experience? 

It might be true but reading some of the posts on this thread, and others, the call from Manila can be anywhere from a week to many months after completing the application. So if that's any indication then the approval from Baltimore could be the same......  big variance

Thx for the link.

Yes....from personal experience several years back when the wife and I applied a couple years apart....was told this by Manila and Baltimore reps during phone calls....heck, when calling the SSA Central Customers Support line one time in trying to follow-up on my application I was told such.

Every applicant's SSA application experience/application is unique as each person has a different set of circumstances/life story/earnings record, etc...etc....etc.   And sometimes a person's application just gets stuck in the SSA mud for some reason(s).  

When I applied for my SS pension several years back a Manila rep called me within 10 minutes of me emailing them saying I wanted to schedule an application interview.  Yes, called me within 10 minutes....but I had also been corresponding with my Manila rep a few times in leading up to my request for an interview.  The interview went easy....took about 10 minutes....the female SS rep was a joy to talk to.  She forwarded my application to Baltimore next day, but it took Baltimore 60 days to review/approve my application.   In fact when I got a Baltimore rep on the phone asking about the status he was apologetic regarding the delay and didn't know why someone at Baltimore had not reviewed/approved it yet.  The next day I got an approval notice from Baltimore.

12 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Up until about five years ago, representative payees who managed SSA payments for minor children had to file an annual worksheet showing a breakdown of how the funds were used to support the child. While this form is no longer required, there is still the stipulation that the funds be used for the support of the child during the period that they are being paid. This means used for food, shelter, clothing and certain other items of support. The funds aren't supposed to be saved for use for college or other items later.

Some years back, I read about a person who mentioned in a newspaper article that she had saved SSA payments for her dependent's college education. Someone at SSA read the article and contacted her with a demand to repay the funds, if I remember correctly.

There is info about this requirement somewhere on the SSA website and also in the info you'll get if you're the representative payee.

That's easy enough to work around.  The father just needs to spend the daughter's benefit on support of the child and then the father just sets aside an equal amount from his money for the daughter's college fund.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Great information. Please show me the link to the SSA for the requirement. I take it you know all this from personal experience?

Do note, I am just a 'keyboard warrior' so what I post on this or any forum may or may not be true. So taking away a benefit just because I made a post and not having any actual proof is totally ridiculous. 

Word of advice, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Until I receive the info you speak about I'll use the funds provided to my daughter to buy her all the ice cream and tattoos she wants. 

5 minutes ago, Pib said:

Every applicant's SSA application experience/application is unique as each person has a different set of circumstances/life story/earnings record, etc...etc....etc.   And sometimes a person's application just gets stuck in the SSA mud for some reason(s).  

That is so true.....  so with saying that how can you say it will take 60 days? First you sounded like all could take 60 days, and then you post that yours was one of those outliers that got shoved aside inadvertently and it took 60 days. 

I guess I will just wait and see....at least the ball is rolling and I now know where in the process my application is and what needs to occur.

I will, as before, post an update when something occurs.

4 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

That is so true.....  so with saying that how can you say it will take 60 days? First you sounded like all could take 60 days, and then you post that yours was one of those outliers that got shoved aside inadvertently and it took 60 days. 

I guess I will just wait and see....at least the ball is rolling and I now know where in the process my application is and what needs to occur.

I will, as before, post an update when something occurs.

They have "up to" 60 days to review.....repeat, "up to"......not saying it will take that long.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Great information. Please show me the link to the SSA for the requirement. I take it you know all this from personal experience?

Do note, I am just a 'keyboard warrior' so what I post on this or any forum may or may not be true. So taking away a benefit just because I made a post and not having any actual proof is totally ridiculous. 

Word of advice, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Until I receive the info you speak about I'll use the funds provided to my daughter to buy her all the ice cream and tattoos she wants. 

I have experience as a representative payee for my children.

Here's the link:

https://www.ssa.gov/payee/

On 4/12/2023 at 8:29 PM, Pib said:

They have "up to" 60 days to review.....repeat, "up to"......not saying it will take that long.   

60 days???   LOL

That didn't take long....  Looks like Baltimore approved 2 days after my call with Manila FBU!!

SS.jpg