Philips Battery Operated Shaver.

I have bought two new cutters for my shaver and I cannot change them. My wifes brother is an extra good handyman and good with electrics, and he can't either.

Took them to a shop which changes watch batteries etc, and he can't either. I thought I would just have to take the old ones out and put in new ones. Can anyone help? 

8 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have bought two new cutters for my shaver and I cannot change them. My wifes brother is an extra good handyman and good with electrics, and he can't either.

Took them to a shop which changes watch batteries etc, and he can't either. I thought I would just have to take the old ones out and put in new ones. Can anyone help? 

What does the shaver look like ? Photo might help of the heads and the shaver.

• Like 2

It's been years but there is plastic inside holding heads in place and you just remove and they fall out - open as if cleaning and turn whatever a bit.  On current 3 head it is a one piece plastic holder which you just twist about 1/8 turn to loosen and then remove plastic and heads will fall out.

This is different model but two head so probably change the same.

https://www.google.com/search?q=philips+pq206+replacement&sxsrf=AJOqlzWJkcgEzRu9W2b2_gc1BfuvSCSdPA:1679646112539&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiOlIuvkfT9AhX2cGwGHdv_DWQQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1225&bih=572&dpr=1.57#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:21b2d183,vid:1ppJgmxGl5Y

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Sorry. Do not know how to send photos. Model no PQ206 if that helps.

At 7mins and 30 seonds of this video it will show you how to do it. It looks very easy.

Edited by NE1

I have one of these but not with me at the moment ..from what I can remember you have to squeeze the plastic gadget keeping the shaver heads in it unclips then take it out (use finger and thumb) .. then you can wash it out and replace the old shaver heads

Really no need to replace the cutters etc. if the foil is still ok.

Remove the cutters by removing the plastic retainers............ get a peice of glass for a flat surface........... place a piece of 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper with the grit uppermost and give it a dose of crc.......... withe the cutter down-facing on the sandpaper, move in a circular motion to re-sharpen the cutter faces

Clean, re-assemble and test....... done it many times.

Note that if you have the curved profile cutters, follow video example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFyPW4n6vg

• Like 2

I took mine into a Phillips dealer in Chiang Mai ( the Mae Rim road).They sent it to BKK and I got it back in a few weeks. I had the heads replaced.

I tried to do it myself and bought new heads from Boots in London, but couldn’t do it and Boots couldn’t help. So I was refunded. 

5 hours ago, bluejets said:

Really no need to replace the cutters etc. if the foil is still ok.

Remove the cutters by removing the plastic retainers............ get a peice of glass for a flat surface........... place a piece of 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper with the grit uppermost and give it a dose of crc.......... withe the cutter down-facing on the sandpaper, move in a circular motion to re-sharpen the cutter faces

Clean, re-assemble and test....... done it many times.

Note that if you have the curved profile cutters, follow video example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFyPW4n6vg

That's very clever but i wonder is it not better to do it on a whetstone #1000 for example.

9 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

80 baht????? Forget it if you like to have the original, about 1800 baht.

Indeed not original but also not for same model I suspect as the basic Philips 3 blade series 1000 shaver is less than 1,000 baht with blades.  Don't believe the two blade version is state of the art/price.  Do the high cost versions really shave good?  Not really impressed with electric shavers but find Philips OneBlade does actually shave fairly close - but not a lot of fun to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

I miss the Panasonic portable shavers.  I should have bought the last 4 I saw in Robinson, Soi 19 a few years back.  I bought only one.  2 shavers in 15 years.  I like that kind of longevity.  Seems like Panasonic has drastically reduced their footprint in Thailand.