Tiger Beer Now Brewing In Thailand

george

Tiger beer now brewing in Thailand

Tiger Beer is now being brewed in Thailand, Asia Pacific Breweries Limited (APB) has announced. The beer is being brewed in the country by an associate company, Thai Asia Pacific Brewery Co. Ltd (TAPB).

In a statement to the Stock Exchange of Singapore, APB said that brewing Tiger Beer at the TAPB brewery, located at Nonthaburi, will maximise its brewing capacity which was doubled in February this year to 2 m hectolitres. It said Tiger Beer will be available at more than 10,000 outlets, including convenience stores, grocery shops, hypermarkets and restaurants in Thailand.

Speaking to Asia Pulse, APB's chief executive officer, Koh Poh Tiong, said: “Brewing Tiger Beer in Thailand adds one more piece to the Asian map for the growth of the brand.”

Thailand is now the 7th country to brew the popular beer.

Koh said TAPB has gained about 80% of the Thai premium beer market with Heineken beer.

“Our next step, therefore, is to grow the premium beer segment and we believe that we can achieve this by brewing Tiger Beer locally,” he told Asia Pulse.

“Heineken and Tiger Beer together have formed a formidable partnership that has been successful in many countries.”

Apart from extending the brand further, Koh said that the move is also strategic in enabling TAPB to counter competition in Thailand.

-- just-drinks.com 2004-07-06

I have never tried Tiger beer,where is it from? It has got to be better then all the crap Thai beer and that includes the Heinenken and Carlsburg. I wish you could get Beer Lao here i tried some at the Lao border last year and it was pretty good.

The last Tiger Beer I drank was Siagon 1972 and I hope I never have to drink any more of that terrible shit. San Miguel Manila wasn't to bad but i never did care for SM filipine. Tuborg Copenhagen was about the best beer I ever drank.and I did drink some beer. :o

I suppose it's all in one's preferences.

Tiger Beer is better than anything I have found in Thailand (I'm talking about Malaysian and Singaporean versions).

Tuborg is usually very good, but in Iran, during the Shah's time, it wasn't even fit to wash the car with.

San Mig Philipines is good, San Mig HK is foul.

But if the brewery here is already brewing Heineken, then I do not know what will come out the other end. In HK the Heineken brewery was responsible for San Mig., and as I said, that was really bad. (Although I did know several addicts who would drik nothing else).

So let's just wait and see. fter a few dozen samplings I may be able to render judgement.

But I'm off to Singers again in a week, so I don't have to wait very long for a good brew. :o

I have never tried Tiger beer,where is it from? It has got to be better then all the crap Thai beer and that includes the Heinenken and Carlsburg. I wish you could get Beer Lao here i tried some at the Lao border last year and it was pretty good.

I used to drink Tiger in Malaysia, slightly sweeter than the other Malaysian beer Anchor.

Should make a useful addition to the range available in Thailand, at least give me a break from Singha, Kloster and Chang.

Heinipiss you can keep, and Carlsburg you can hardly get anymore.

Anything other than Real English Ale is, to some degree, complete crap. Most of the beers listed here so far are not beer, they are fermented corn and / or rice beverage. They also contain enough stabilizers, heading agents and genetically modified ingredients to stock your average college chemistry lab.

Each time I go to BKK fate has seen fit to deny me the chance of sampling the micro-brew available there except for the one at the airport. They have one they refer to as their strong ale. it is pleasent. The others on their list are weak-tit to waste water.

Please do not refer to Tiger, Carl's Purge, St.Mick, High-Neck Anne or any of that ilk as BEER. It doesn't taste like beer, it has a head like soda pop and you have to over carbonate it and keep it frozen to the coils in the fridge or else you might actually taste what it actually tastes like. :o

Anything other than Real English Ale is, to some degree, complete crap. Most of the beers listed here so far are not beer, they are fermented corn and / or rice beverage. They also contain enough stabilizers, heading agents and genetically modified ingredients to stock your average college chemistry lab.

If you want to experience REALLY foul beer masquerading as "English Ale" in Thailand, try the "Home Brew" at the Londoner - virtually undrinkable!

Anything other than Real English Ale is, to some degree, complete crap.  Most of the beers listed here so far are not beer, they are fermented corn and / or rice beverage.  They also contain enough stabilizers, heading agents  and genetically modified ingredients to stock your average college chemistry lab.

Each time I go to BKK fate has seen fit to deny me the chance of sampling the micro-brew available there except for the one at the airport.  They have one they refer to as their strong ale.  it is pleasent.  The others on their list are weak-tit to waste water.

Please do not refer to Tiger, Carl's Purge, St.Mick, High-Neck Anne or any of that ilk as BEER.  It doesn't taste like beer, it has a head like soda pop and you have to over carbonate it and keep it frozen to the coils in the fridge or else you might actually taste what it actually tastes like. :o

Sorry Doc, whilst I can be fussy in the UK, outside the UK I drink what's available :D

If it says beer on the label that's what I'll call it. Whether it's good or bad is subjective and context sensitive, if I was in the UK and someone suggested Tiger Beer I'd laugh, in SE Asia I'd only ask if it was cold :D

tetley bitter has arrived

just to let all you lads who have been waiting for a proper glass of english beer know.it will be available at all good watering holes over the next few days and also at the gourmet supermarket in the emporium.e-mail back if anyone requires a private order.drink and enjoy gentlemen.thanks tony.

tetley bitter has arrived

just to let all you lads who have been waiting for a proper glass of english beer know.it will be available at all good watering holes over the next few days and also at the gourmet supermarket in the emporium.e-mail back if anyone requires a private order.drink and enjoy gentlemen.thanks tony.

This is a <deleted> advert! Tetleys is shit, proper glass of English ale my arse :o