stainless steel pool pole

LivinLOS

Seeking a quality one of these (Chiang Mai but can order if shipped). One that is solid thick walled quality metal. 

Long story is I had the same pool pole for 6 or so years, never gave it a second thought, my pool area doesnt have great storage and so I leave the hose and pole in the pool between cleanings if not having a party or guests over.

The pole I had was decent heavy duty and lasted years.. It finally aged and corroded and the next one I bought (white thin metal coated) lasted maybe 6 months.. When I replaced that with an 'aluminium' looking one its the same, corrosion started within weeks and now a few months later its paper thin and about to break. I dont want another piece of junk I have to buy twice a year. I just want a decent, SS heavy duty 4m or up pool pole, no shop or store I have spoken to up here has one or seems to be able to (interested in) ordering one. 

This cant be so hard to obtain ??

Stop leaving the pole and the hose in the pool. The hose is plastic and will become brittle really fast if left in the sun all day every day. Pretty much any metal (including stainless) will corrode to some extent too. Plastic skimming nets and plastic brushes will also fail much faster if you leave them in the sun or in the pool.

Aluminium poles are perfect. You can buy a 3 piece extendable pole that, when fully stowed is only around 5ft long and will extend long enough for most pools. The last one I bought actually came from Amazon US because I couldn't find one locally.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015E5PM6M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not available right now, but you get the idea.

3 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Stop leaving the pole and the hose in the pool. The hose is plastic and will become brittle really fast if left in the sun all day every day. Pretty much any metal (including stainless) will corrode to some extent too.

The hose is older than my time in the house.. 7 plus years.. Considering the price I am happy enough with that lifespan cost.. 

My time and effort is far more valuable than the unpacking and repacking every day or two, I have my system and I want the tools to accommodate what I want, not to change. 

Its just a SS metal pole, I had one before, they must exist.. 

To repeat.. As Thaivisa once again has all the suggestion that are not the request. 

Does anyone know where to purchase a heavy duty SS pool pole. High quality, price not that important (up to maybe 10k). 

Edited by LivinLOS

5 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Does anyone know where to purchase a heavy duty SS pool pole. High quality, price not that important (up to maybe 10k). 

Probably not, because pool poles are generally not made of stainless steel. If you are desperate for one then you can probably re-purpose something else such as:

https://www.coolpoolproducts.com/products.php?product=Polished-Stainless-Steel-Pole

Or even better, buy a carbon fiber one:

https://ultimatepooltools.com/collections/hyperpole-professional-pool-maintenance-poles

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just ask in the bars for their supplier.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSisCKf1QQkOO47zhJI1S

Does the pole come with the attached vacuum cleaner attached in the front of the photo......asking for my housecleaning challenged friend....

To the OP poster, try ordering one from a pool company it would be good if we knew where you lived abouts.

10 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Probably not, because pool poles are generally not made of stainless steel. If you are desperate for one then you can probably re-purpose something else such as:

https://www.coolpoolproducts.com/products.php?product=Polished-Stainless-Steel-Pole

Or even better, buy a carbon fiber one:

https://ultimatepooltools.com/collections/hyperpole-professional-pool-maintenance-poles

Thanks.. Would happily try a carbon one but these are both not in Thailand, so far each supplier I have asked who were not domestic said they cannot mail them (presume the 2m length is an issue etc). 

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

To the OP poster, try ordering one from a pool company it would be good if we knew where you lived abouts.

Seeking a quality one of these (Chiang Mai but can order if shipped). 

I have contacted many pool companies and mail order websites and as said, no one seems interested in supplying anything other than the cheap junk thin walled aluminium ones I have already tried. 

Edited by LivinLOS

13 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Thats the right diameter and everything !! 

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry missed that little location.  Plenty of pool companies located in Thailand that can probably deliver to you.

can you please name one ??

I have contacted the usual (siam pool, des joyeux, etc etc) and the swimmingpoolsthailand etc websites. 

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

can you please name one ??

I have contacted the usual (siam pool, des joyeux, etc etc) and the swimmingpoolsthailand etc websites. 

I bought the current one I have here in HH it is the diameter you are looking for.  However, not sure if they can deliver it that far, mine is a single length 12'.  They delivered it to me by a truck, but by mail it would need a large truck like Kerry has.

Pool Mart

147 Thanon Phet Kasem
77110 Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan - Thailand
032 537 235032 537 237
Send an email
No ratings
image.thumb.png.84ccb16992efda4c5298ec0d2a92bdad.png

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I bought the current one I have here in HH it is the diameter you are looking for.  However, not sure if they can deliver it that far, mine is a single length 12'.  They delivered it to me by a truck, but by mail it would need a large truck like Kerry has.

Pool Mart

147 Thanon Phet Kasem
77110 Hua Hin
032 537 235032 537 237
Send an email
No ratings
image.thumb.png.84ccb16992efda4c5298ec0d2a92bdad.png

thank you 

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Pool Mart

147 Thanon Phet Kasem
77110 Hua Hin
032 537 235032 537 237
Send an email
No ratings

Yeah they only have the same lightweight aluminium ones. 

A simple and cheap alu sucking pole with adjustable length (ca. 4m) you can buy in Global House.

Actually, I too had kept it left in the water for few years at the end of the pool.  Later thinking why so stupid to get it slowly corroded when I can keep it above the water, as it's shown on the picture.  It's ready to be prepared immediately for the vacuuming when shifted it in the water and the hose in the overflow channel over the edge as well.

09.jpg.031f8b48514f6e24d41d67ca9b9508ce.jpg