A TM 30 question

I live in BKK retirement visa.

My address registered in BKK for 90 day online reports.

If I visit Pattaya or Phuket or CM etc for a few days:

NO need inform immigration? Correct?

But if my friend on retirement visa has address in CM; if he visits BKK etc., a report need be made to immigration? Correct?

I know this been asked before, but clarification required.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Be aware that also if you exit Thailand with a reentry permit upon your return you are not  required to file a TM30 

That was not my experience last month when I renewed my retirement visa for the 20th time.  I had gone out of the country in Jan and was told that the TM30 slip in my passport was out of date and I had to renew it there and then.  I was told I needed to do this every time I came back into the country.  I can't recall having had to do this before.

21 minutes ago, Hornell said:

That was not my experience last month when I renewed my retirement visa for the 20th time.  I had gone out of the country in Jan and was told that the TM30 slip in my passport was out of date and I had to renew it there and then.  I was told I needed to do this every time I came back into the country.  I can't recall having had to do this before.

Which immigration office.

Just another crack pot immigration office/officer.

Regardless the office is applying outdated rules that were changed in June 2020. 

BTW TM30 should not be required for extensions.