Thaksin Might Be Detained In Hospital Or Nursing Home Instead Of Prison: Academic

webfact

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

First time I came to Thailand, way back in 2001 I think, there was a big electric digital moving sign at the old airport 'Trafficking drugs carries the death penalty'. (or something) I liked it then, i like it now. Death penalty should always be used for large amounts - you think killing say 1,000 people with a batch of the latest Chinese/Mexican moving drugs should not result in death to the supplier ? I think most rational people can see the difference between a few ounces and a truck load of something. 

Anyone caught with more than xxx amount of drugs should automatically face the death penalty, no if's or but's. That makes it clear cut without any wriggle room - but but but....... doesn't cut it, 

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

First time I came to Thailand, way back in 2001 I think, there was a big electric digital moving sign at the old airport 'Trafficking drugs carries the death penalty'. (or something) I liked it then, i like it now. Death penalty should always be used for large amounts - you think killing say 1,000 people with a batch of the latest Chinese/Mexican moving drugs should not result in death to the supplier ? I think most rational people can see the difference between a few ounces and a truck load of something. 

The drug dealer is not the root of the problem. If you shoot one, there are already 3 more waiting to fill the gap because the money is good. You must take the money out of it. Like Anutin did already with cannabis + kratom. Or like we all do with Alcohol. Only the Saudis kill alcohol dealer. These crazy modern drugs are the result of crazy drug politics. (there was the same during the American ban of alcohol).
Allow the plants for morphine and coca plant. Hand out drugs for already addicted. If the Yaba addict can get his pills at <50 Satang per piece in the pharmacy the drug dealer has no interest to make more people addicted. The drug mafia will go out of business and billions of money is saved (police, courts, addicted people who make crimes to finance their addiction).
Beside that the philosophical argument: It is my body, I am not owned by the country so the government has no right to decide what drugs I use or not use. If I kill myself with narcotics than this is my decision.

In my school they invited some former addicts. The teacher left the class and they talked with us, they looked like hell, no teeth (amphetamins) but otherwise cool people not much older than ourself. That has a far bigger impact than the police shooting people

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Anyone caught with more than xxx amount of drugs should automatically face the death penalty, no if's or but's. That makes it clear cut without any wriggle room - but but but....... doesn't cut it, 

I hope that never happens and I hope they don't kill you. It is common to put narcotics in other peoples luggage. If it happens to your luggage you get the death penalty in the system you like. No if's or but's 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1