Why were 20% of the Thai population not infected with COVID-19?

webfact

In a country that was imprisoning locals and visitors who were unfortunate enough test positive, it's not surprising that many infected people did not report test results or go to get tested when they became sick

• Thumbs Up 1

I was never infected that I know of, or any symptoms. Plenty of people around me were, + some many times.

Never took any of the Vaccines there again never tested or used a home kit [no idea how to use a kit]

Me in the high risk group + 72  So No idea why, my partner has had the Vaccine + 3 boosters + had Covid twice

3 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Now multiply that by 30,000, population of my pretty sizeable town, and divide by 3 to get annual deaths of 17.

Just How Do Deaths Due to COVID-19 Stack Up?

Despite a likely undercount in many places, COVID is among the leading causes of death in most countries  

"It can be helpful to consider how COVID-19 ranks as a cause of death around the world, and the factors driving those trends.  

Looking at official statistics alone, COVID-19 was the fifth leading cause of death globally, accounting for nearly one in twenty deaths worldwide since the beginning of 2020.

After accounting for unreported deaths, the total toll could be as high as the third leading cause of death, responsible for an estimated 17.9 million deaths, or one out of every ten deaths."

Screenshot_1.jpg.ab124fe1a083eeb9e48343036ff7cbb3.jpg

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/just-how-do-deaths-due-covid-19-stack

The above analysis also notes regarding COVID and the United States: more people in the United States died cumulatively of COVID-19 than died of seasonal influenza in the last ten years (2010-2020).

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How do they personally know that 20% did not have Covid?  Did they ask everyone in the country to identify themselves as possibly having Covid but did not report to the hospital or a clinic and instead just stayed home and weathered the virus out.  I know from my own personal experience and then having contact with others who had covid, we never called or visited a hospital or sought treatment, but instead stayed home until we tested negative by using the self testing RAT tests.

I know quite a few Thais who were infected, some of them twice and never went to see a doctor or went to hospital.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

interesting numbers ... meaning a few more than the 4,728,632 reported case, which is more believable than <5 mill infected. 

66 million X 80% = 52,800,000 cases

Also, means, chance of dying from, far less than reported, also much more believable as chance of dying was very low anyway, unless already aged & having health issues.

I practiced social distancing only, so may or may not have been infected.   Did have a runny nose, and a symptom of one of the latest strains, and something I never have.

Seems everyone has had covid, new badge of honor, even though masked & vax'd, that other badge of honor.

and yet ... well, you figure it out, as wasted too many brain cells just with this reply to point out the obvious.

I suspect your fear of wasting too many braincells with your reply may be unfounded.

28 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

They know why. It would be such a pleasure if they just came clean and stopped the charade of fear.

I do not subscribe to the theories contained in virology because they don't reconcile with my life experience.

In the life I live the common cold occurs due to mismanaging your immune system.  Contributors include poor nutrition, overwork, excessive constant stress, excessive fear, marital disharmony, family problems, longhaul travel without sleep to name a few.  So what science calls contagion is just multiple people eating the same bad food, or the stress of family fighting affecting the entire household.

Mental state control is very important to health and vitality.  These people have the ability to tune out the stresses so it won't break down their immune system resulting in a cold.

I believe in the omnipotence of divinty to keep my body healthy.  I tune out science and its false theories.

Science and it's false theories, good one. Love it, made my day, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

They know why. It would be such a pleasure if they just came clean and stopped the charade of fear.

I do not subscribe to the theories contained in virology because they don't reconcile with my life experience.

In the life I live the common cold occurs due to mismanaging your immune system.  Contributors include poor nutrition, overwork, excessive constant stress, excessive fear, marital disharmony, family problems, longhaul travel without sleep to name a few.  So what science calls contagion is just multiple people eating the same bad food, or the stress of family fighting affecting the entire household.

Mental state control is very important to health and vitality.  These people have the ability to tune out the stresses so it won't break down their immune system resulting in a cold.

I believe in the omnipotence of divinty to keep my body healthy.  I tune out science and its false theories.

BTW, why does the 'omnipotence of divinity' allow for strokes and heart disease to kill so many millions annually ? Bit of a mystery to me..

No one knows what the real numbers are. The WHO stated that 9.5% of the world's population was confirmed with COVID.

'Confirmed' is the key word, but nobody trusts the WHO these days anyway. Then you have the Chinese who lied about their numbers for nearly 2 years. When they did offer up numbers they were obviously lying again. Many probably had it but it wasn't bad enough to go to the hospital do they weren't counted. It really doesn't matter what the real numbers are. It just matters that it's all behind us for the most-part. Thanks for spreading it to the world China!!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

I was never infected that I know of, at least no symptoms. Plenty of people around me were. Why? Maybe because I took the Chinese vaccine. 555

Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't.

Plenty of others around me the same (UK)

It didn't always show when people got infected......and many, including me, couldn't be asred to test "routinely".

Let's stop talking about it now.

Edited by Enoon
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just How Do Deaths Due to COVID-19 Stack Up?

Despite a likely undercount in many places, COVID is among the leading causes of death in most countries  

"It can be helpful to consider how COVID-19 ranks as a cause of death around the world, and the factors driving those trends.  

Looking at official statistics alone, COVID-19 was the fifth leading cause of death globally, accounting for nearly one in twenty deaths worldwide since the beginning of 2020.

After accounting for unreported deaths, the total toll could be as high as the third leading cause of death, responsible for an estimated 17.9 million deaths, or one out of every ten deaths."

Screenshot_1.jpg.ab124fe1a083eeb9e48343036ff7cbb3.jpg

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/just-how-do-deaths-due-covid-19-stack

The above analysis also notes regarding COVID and the United States: more people in the United States died cumulatively of COVID-19 than died of seasonal influenza in the last ten years (2010-2020).

I’m not disputing any of the data you’ve quoted. You’ve entirely missed the point I was making.

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

I know quite a few Thais who were infected, some of them twice and never went to see a doctor or went to hospital.

Ergo why the posted 20% the OP is saying were unaffected is definitely not from a true composite and canvassing of the population.