Pheu Thai and weed

• 1 month later...

i started this thread a while ago and i am glad i can update it.

whoever would have guessed that it will be another political party led by what seemed to be a young seemingly liberal minded leader who will likely undo the jenga tower that this question has become. so it will be back to jail for potheads in the near future.

• Haha 1

i think there's many levels of narcotic. aspirin is a narcotic in Thailand. they just want to regulate/control the weed. they will never schedule 5 it again. impossible. i think the free for all will end by the end of the year. i said that last year tho lol

as far as using those grower lists, over a million people registered. do you think any govt official in Thailand wants to knock on a million doors for something they don't even care about? the police are busy fighting meth.

i think everybody agrees there needs to be some regulation and control. i doubt they'll allow recreation, so make sure you are friends with a doctor. my glaucomas are killing me ????

#

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, roietfortress said:

i think there's many levels of narcotic. aspirin is a narcotic in Thailand. they just want to regulate/control the weed. they will never schedule 5 it again. impossible. i think the free for all will end by the end of the year. i said that last year tho lol

as far as using those grower lists, over a million people registered. do you think any govt official in Thailand wants to knock on a million doors for something they don't even care about? the police are busy fighting meth.

i think everybody agrees there needs to be some regulation and control. i doubt they'll allow recreation, so make sure you are friends with a doctor. my glaucomas are killing me ????

#

I think it may take 2 years until any change will take place. The opposition is large on both sides.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well, pheu-trified pheu thai has won!

Seems they will look into going forward with medical canabis as a compromise with (as @stoner likes to call him) "my boy" anutin. unfortutely anutin is no longer health minister. 

from what i see comparing shopee before and after the election there are fewer and fewer people advertising weed paraphenallia. is this a sign of things to come?

i am a 1 000 000 % pro legalization, as i see it as being ridiculous to incarcerate smokers, growers and sellers considering that it is costly and that alcohol causes more damage than weed both to individuals and the collective. 

i hope we are not going to see an about face anytime soon.

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My pre-legalization hook up has started plugging his brand on Line again. He'd gone quiet and opened a shop. Prices are cheaper too. He had a medical M license all the time but obviously his 'sales channels' were non medical ????

Not sure if the timing is coincidental but looks like he's going back to the old delivery model. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

What Thais say and what Thais do, rarely match up.

Especially when their family makes a fortune from cannabis.

i hope you are right. but i am skeptic by nature and puke thai is at its core the asian SS. thaksin led an all out war on drugs an the fact that he is back worries me. he is not very favorable to caucasians, nor does the new pm seem to be. his first 2 orders of business... weeding weed out and taxing foreigners. i wouldnt be surprised if in order to renew our non o's we need to bring a thai income tax declaration to immi

• 4 weeks later...