Extradition Laws

ezrider

Hello to everybody. Does anyone know where to look for extradition treaty with Russia is published when it is officially adopted? Right now its a kind of  "project". How long it takes for thai goverment to adopt a law? How much time left to enjoy legalize in Thailand?  

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ezrider said:

How much time left to enjoy legalize in Thailand?

What does that question mean?  Do you mean how long have you left before you can be extradited? 

Extradition depends on the co-operation of the two countries and it can be done with or without a ratified extradition treaty, (excluding the US).  Don't assume that because there's no treaty that you couldn't be extradited.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, blackcab said:

3. The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs would inform Thai immigration that the Russian citizen's passport has been cancelled. At this stage it doesn't matter what visa or extension you have, your passport has been cancelled so you are in Thailand illegally.

4. The Thai police arrest you for being in Thailand without the correct documentation

And maybe there are days or years between step 3 and 4.

Let's not forget that there are many laws and rules in Thailand which are most of the time ignored. And then, maybe suddenly, they are enforced for a few individuals or lots of people, and then, mostly, everything returns back to "normal".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezrider said:

Hello to everybody. Does anyone know where to look for extradition treaty with Russia is published when it is officially adopted? Right now its a kind of  "project". How long it takes for thai goverment to adopt a law? How much time left to enjoy legalize in Thailand?  

Let's assume that you are a good guy, and you want to avoid that you have to go to war. 

From long time living in Thailand I think it is unlikely that anything will happen suddenly. And often it takes years before anything happens at all, and maybe it is postponed for a year or two or longer.

And even it if becomes law does not mean that everybody will enforce that law right away.

I think in your case you should think about other possible options what you can do. To which countries could you go? Which visa, if any, could you get, etc.

Think about that before you have to suddenly make a decision.

And read the news every day to stay up to date.

Good luck!

• Like 1

i never heard anyone's passport was canceled. But i admit that can happen these days when human rights disappear globally. But no need to act big like passport canceling. Just stamp any felony investigation at home ( taxes theft fraud – you name it) and send it to Thailand. Thai government will experience euphoria when sending farang back home. And not just farang, but Russian gangster! And then show it on TV with a dozen of slackers in surgical masks.

6 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

From the following it seems the agreement is reached but what that really means it is hard to tell from this report.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2023/03/15/thailand-approves-extradition-deal-with-russia-as-russians-flood-in

I should have looked for the aseannow thread before posting an outside source.

So Thailand has become Russia's Canada.

For those too young to remember during the Vietnam war thousands of Americans fled to Canada to avoid the draft.

The above posters are correct the only way would be for the Russian government to revoke the passports of all Russians approaching draft age.

Then send a list of people that are in Thailand on revoked passports,

Not mean you would immediately sent home.

Thailand would then have to make the decision on what they are going to do with refugees.

One word though that will affect this

OIL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ezrider said:

Hello to everybody. Does anyone know where to look for extradition treaty with Russia is published when it is officially adopted?

If you bailed to avoid conscription, I wouldn't worry until you read in international news that Russia is demanding the extradition of draft dodgers.  Based on blurbs from Dmitry Peskov and Maria Zakharova over the last year it seems the Kremlin's attitude on the matter was "good riddance."

If you are a Russian felon?  Well, different story.  And it depends on what you did to whom.  Cross the wrong people and you could find yourself extradited to the US, UK, or EU no less Russia.

Edited by connda
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

So Thailand has become Russia's Canada.

For those too young to remember during the Vietnam war thousands of Americans fled to Canada to avoid the draft.

I'm from that era.  At that time Canada wasn't sending draft dodgers back to the US and you could apply for political asylum.

Trust me.  Thailand isn't going to extend political asylum to any foreigners.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ezrider said:

yes i am on the run from putin's army draft.  And I mean when draft will become law? How fast such laws are stamped in Thailand. And where is it published when it becomes law? Royal Gazette is only thai as far as i know.

Unless you are on a police search warrant, you'll be fine. Btw, I'm a Russian war refugee too

• Like 2

Why extradition, I don't understand,  Internal asylum laws should be the only thing that applies. Other than that, normal immigration laws would apply. Just what visas are they using to stay here? 

• Confused 2

We are talking about police warrant. Satanist sect that is government in Russia will stamp warrant to get people back. That is why they are making this agreement. Don't you understand? Just like i though Royal Gazette is the only source. Gotta go and learn thai ????

By the way - kremlin bots with their quotes of putin’s clowns are gonna go down too. And soon!

35 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

People dodging military service are generally cowards. You either support your leaders (do what they ask you to do) or you don’t in which case stay and fight them. As a Russian citizen you must follow your rules or they will break you!

In Russia, you need to break the rules before they break you! 

P.S. Trust me, I'm Russian.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, ezrider said:

Thai government will experience euphoria when sending farang back home. And not just farang, but Russian gangster! And then show it on TV with a dozen of slackers in surgical masks.

I had some sympathy for you before you made this comment. If that's what you really think of the Thai government, you should leave and go elsewhere. The fewer Russians in Thailand, the better as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 6:31 PM, ezrider said:

And where to look for official law being published ?

There is an old extradition treaty between Russian and Thailand. But you are looking for the new one, that relates to the war in Ukraine and people coming to Thailand.

https://www.news360.es/australia/2023/03/15/thailand-approves-extradition-treaty-with-russia/

the official version before becoming law is always published in the official gestate of Thailand.

that is the process :

https://www.krisdika.go.th/web/office-of-the-council-of-state/thai-legislative-process

And the royal Thai gazette is here:

https://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th

Sebastien.

Edited by ThaiLawOnline

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They wouldn't be "refugees", they'd be visitors with expired documentation.

Agreed, but I am sure they could apply to either the UN or Thai Foreign affairs for refugee status

Will they get it doubtful but it could allow them to stay here a couple of extra months or get the UN to have another country take them.

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Haha 2