Extradition Laws

ezrider

On 3/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, ezrider said:

i never heard anyone's passport was canceled. But i admit that can happen these days when human rights disappear globally. But no need to act big like passport canceling. Just stamp any felony investigation at home ( taxes theft fraud – you name it) and send it to Thailand. Thai government will experience euphoria when sending farang back home. And not just farang, but Russian gangster! And then show it on TV with a dozen of slackers in surgical masks.

If I remember right the passport of Edward Snowden was canceled while he was traveling.

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

......... and people fighting for their country are generally stupid!

May I correct your sentence "and people fighting dying for their country are generally stupid!"

and that is if you are lucky and not just survive with missing limbs.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:17 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

And maybe there are days or years between step 3 and 4.

Let's not forget that there are many laws and rules in Thailand which are most of the time ignored. And then, maybe suddenly, they are enforced for a few individuals or lots of people, and then, mostly, everything returns back to "normal".

there are lot of cases of people overstay 20 years....without Visa but keeping low profile you won't get caught easily. And hopefully the war special military operation wouldn't last forever

On 3/28/2023 at 6:07 PM, ezrider said:

yes i am on the run from putin's army draft.  And I mean when draft will become law? How fast such laws are stamped in Thailand. And where is it published when it becomes law? Royal Gazette is only thai as far as i know.

I am friends with a couple of younger Russians who are in a similar situation to you. They are based out of Turkey most of the time, but come here for extended working breaks. Neither of them are prepared to cross into Russia because of the draft. The reason they gave was they had witnessed their friends fathers being drafted.

Good luck