Electric powered Roof Fan

UWEB

Looking to get the Heat out of my Attic I've found a Solar Ventilation Fan on Alibaba incl. the option to run on 220V via Adapter. What are the Experts here have for an opinion on this Fan?

Industrial Heat Extraction Ceiling Ventilation Fans Solar Powered High Speed Air Conditioning Attic Big Vent Dc Roof Exhaust Fan - Buy Roof Air Exhaust Fan,Solar Powered Attic Fan,Extraction Fans Ventilation Product on Alibaba.com

2 hours ago, bluejets said:

Brother put one in....not worth a cracker.

Best use a few "stove pipe ventilator pipes with chinamans hat".

https://qldsheetmetal.com.au/product-range/metal-roofing/roofing-accessories/chinamanshat/

Thanks, but what size of Blower your Brother has installed? Meanwhile I've ordered a 50 Watt 14" Blower Fan with an Airflow of 1900 m2/hr. I'm more than sure it will do the Job.

Removing heat from a roof space is a fight against radiated heat. Air is not a good convector of heat, which explains why fans have a limited effect. If it is not possible to reduce the amount of heat getting in (an extra insulated metal sheet roof works well), the most effective way to reduce the heat radiating down through the ceiling is insulation.

Modern build Thai houses don't have even the basic high up louvered vents and sofit vents to allow passive air movement, let alone insulation, apart from maybe the ceiling having a silver film, which becomes useless as the inevitable dust collects on it.

I put insulation in an older house that didn't even have the silver film on the suspended ceiling. It made a dramatic difference - no need for air-con even.

The roof steel was so hot during the day I could not touch it - it will be even hotter now given all the reflected heat.......