Chiang Mai’s Air Ranks Worst Globally Several Days This Week

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Thairath Online

By Tanakorn Panyadee

The levels of carcinogenic particulate matter 2.5 micrometers (PM2.5) in Thailand’s Chiang Mai province has been deemed the worst in the world as of yesterday morning, March 29th.

The Command Center for Preventing and Resolving Forest Fire Problems, Smog and PM2.5 Fine Dust of Chiang Mai reported yesterday morning that 334 hotspots have been discovered in 25 districts across the province. The most effected areas are Chiang Dao district with 65 hotspots, Chai Prakan with 35, Mae Ai with 32, Samoeng with 30, and Fang with 27.

These districts are mostly in the northern part of Chiang Mai. The cumulative hotspots range from January 1st, 2023 to the present total of over 5,867 spots, with 2,322 hotspots found in March alone.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/30/chiang-mais-air-ranks-worst-globally-several-days-this-week/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Chiang Mai province has been deemed the worst in the world as of yesterday morning, March 29th.

Man that is another sad fact for Chiang Mai & there is no way to white wash it.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The levels of carcinogenic particulate matter

Which particles are carcinogenic???? The levels of sensationalism in the media is getting worst than in the tabloid newspaper days. 

Another confusion for the uninitiated is the possible confusion in Thailand that the name of the provincial capital and the province is often the same. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Northstar1 said:

Sure glad I got the hell out of there and

never made the

mistake

of

buying

Me too. Spent a few very good winters in Chiang Mai in the eighties and nineties, and even planned to retire there. Then came back twice, in the winters of 2007/2008 and 2011/2012, and got bronchitis both times. Needless to say I haven’t been back since. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I assume you have an underlying health condition that prompted your doctor's statement!

Not necessarily ....I could imagine a lot of doctors saying get out...why not? If you can? Then why put this kind of filth thru your body ?

Edited by mania
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

Your retirement dream is to live in the most polluted city on earth? I can imagine that people cannot just easily relocate, because of business, work or schooling, but to claim that CM is your retirement dream is rather bizarre.

You can be as alarmist as you want!

I don't care!

I love it here and will continue to ignore the exaggerations of you and your ilk!

Enjoy your new home!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1