No reply from an Admin

dingdongrb

28 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I was posting on a thread and the next thing I know is I see this message when I go look at a notification I got on that thread

Don't take it personally, it means the thread in question was "deleted", no one has permission to see it other than those with mod and above permissions now.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, george said:

Please email [email protected] and they will help you!

Okay, that is a nice to know email address. Where can that email address be located on the website? 

Furthermore, why do I need to go to my email to send a message, doesn't the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the Home page work? (I sent a message using that link as well, and no reply.)

image.png.efddebb23b0d1a9b6fe71ea8a85fa8f2.png

17 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Don't take it personally, it means the thread in question was "deleted", no one has permission to see it other than those with mod and above permissions now.

I think that was the case now that you mention it. Perhaps the message received needs to state 'Thread Deleted' rather than the message I received which made it seem I was in the wrong about something and was blocked from seeing it again.

15 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Quite possible that you were in the process of replying to a spammer who got flagged as a spammer, if so that is why the topic was "deleted". When the spam flag is applied, everything that was posted by the spammer disappears. 

Yes, I think that was the case as the poster was trying to sell something. 

• Like 1

You can contact "Support" by email oer by PM.

Having checked the log, no email was received from you and your PM has been answered.

Sometimes a little patience is requird as questions/enquiries are dealt with in the order they are received. as as soon as is practical.

12 minutes ago, Support said:

You can contact "Support" by email oer by PM.

Having checked the log, no email was received from you and your PM has been answered.

Sometimes a little patience is requird as questions/enquiries are dealt with in the order they are received. as as soon as is practical.

Where can I find on the website a link to contact 'Support' you mention?

As I said, I didn't email. I replied to the 'Contact Us' link in the message received when clicking on the notification of that thread. I did that more than 24 hrs. ago, so how patient does one need to be?

It seems generating this thread got the needed reply (and more replies than really needed) I was looking for. So perhaps it is better/quicker to generate a thread than using a contact link?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Where can I find on the website a link to contact 'Support' you mention?

As I said, I didn't email. I replied to the 'Contact Us' link in the message received when clicking on the notification of that thread. I did that more than 24 hrs. ago, so how patient does one need to be?

It seems generating this thread got the needed reply (and more replies than really needed) I was looking for. So perhaps it is better/quicker to generate a thread than using a contact link?

The contact us DOES work ! the fact that you sent multiple messages with  identical content was the issue. Please dont do that. one is suffiecient and it will be dealt with in rotation.

This topic having been asked/answered is now Closed.

• Like 1