Power Cut Prevention.

NoshowJones

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Around 0.6 liter an hour is better than sitting in the dark/heat with none of the afore mentioned appliances. Fuel wouldn't free for any generator would it. 

that is correct dont have a genset have solar  gensets dont have ups and that is what is required  see topic

6 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

that is correct dont have a genset have solar  gensets dont have ups and that is what is required  see topic

Solar panels and expensive batteries is not an up for me, I'll stick to my car thanks. Also I can run other appliances as stated.  

Edited by brianthainess

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Solar panels and expensive batteries is not an up for me, I'll stick to my car thanks. Also I can run other appliances as stated.  

i can uderstand  the solar syst i have cost me over 500000baht but befor i went down that track i had a 2000watt inverter with ups function and a car battery total cost 9000baht  got about 6to 8 hrs running desktop pc, light, fan router, was not solar so had to rechard when power back on

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Just a side question.

Could I connect a car battery to give my UPS more backup time?

I know its no problem actually connecting an extra battery, but could the internal charging unit of the UPS cope with the additional load of an extra battery ?

You need to research seen a subject sometime ago about this  as u rightly said its the charging. note Connect Batteries in Parallel

Edited by MikeandDow

3 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

If you are talking about the search function on here, it's easier just to ask the question again  ????

no google ,  would not take advice from here without doing my own research

Edited by MikeandDow

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

no google ,  would not take advice from here without doing my own research

Nothing wrong with Google. I use it quite a lot but asking here gives local knowledge and local experience.

It could be argued that any question could be Googled and that would leave this forum pretty empty.????

4 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Nothing wrong with Google. I use it quite a lot but asking here gives local knowledge and local experience.

It could be argued that any question could be Googled and that would leave this forum pretty empty.????

Up to you

On 4/4/2023 at 12:13 PM, Beachcomber said:

I don't like googling things as you do not always get a straight answer, besides I would rather get an answer from someone who has had the problem and had it fixed correctly.

16 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I don't like googling things as you do not always get a straight answer, besides I would rather get an answer from someone who has had the problem and had it fixed correctly.

I now have the UPS, but the instructions are in Thai, no English. I thought all I had to do was plug the all in one desktop into the UPS, then the UPS into the mains, I did that but am obviously missing something out. Anyone help?

13 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I now have the UPS, but the instructions are in Thai, no English. I thought all I had to do was plug the all in one desktop into the UPS, then the UPS into the mains, I did that but am obviously missing something out. Anyone help?

Make sure you're NOT plugged into the "surge protection only" outlet ???? 

Post a photo if unsure.

EDIT You may also need to long-press the power button on the UPS to get it to wake up.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Make sure you're NOT plugged into the "surge protection only" outlet ???? 

Post a photo if unsure.

There are 3 outlets for the surge protection only, surely there must be somewhere to plug the desktop in to in the UPS, I cannot see anywhere except the TEL, LAN,  in out.

Just now, NoshowJones said:

There are 3 outlets for the surge protection only, surely there must be somewhere to plug the desktop in to in the UPS, I cannot see anywhere except the TEL, LAN,  in out.

Nah, there should only be one SP-only. Post a photo of the back panel.

Which UPS do you have (link to seller)?

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Google the translation   oh i forgot u dont like googling oh well tuff <deleted>

48 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Nah, there should only be one SP-only. Post a photo of the back panel.

Which UPS do you have (link to seller)?

Thanks Crossy. That's it now, your a star.

• Like 2