Thai politician Chonsawat Asavahame dies of heatstroke in Buri Ram

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-9-1.png

Well-known politician from Samut Prakan province, Chonsawat Asavahame, died early this morning at a hospital in Buri Ram province.

The 55-year-old politician and former mayor of the Samut Prakan Provincial Administration Organisation (PAO) collapsed, reportedly due to heatstroke, as he was practicing driving at the Chang International Circuit in Buri Ram yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.

Deputy Agriculture Minister Sunthorn Pansaengthong, a member of the Samut Prakan Progressive Group, said that Chonsawat was pronounced dead at 1.15am this morning. His body will be returned to his home in Samut Prakan, where a bathing rite is scheduled for 4pm, followed by a funeral ceremony which will last for seven days.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-politician-chonsawat-asavahame-dies-of-heatstroke-in-buri-ram/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I doubt it, but then again they probably have no windows and a force 10 gale coming through at 200kmh !

And that force 10 gale is at what ambient temperature, and not forgetting you're sitting behind a very hot engine operating at high speeds.?

Edited by hotchilli

11 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I doubt it, but then again they probably have no windows and a force 10 gale coming through at 200kmh !

open windows in a GT race car? you really don't know much of anything, do you...

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Unusual, most Thais have the aircon on arctic !

You don't know my wife then. She does let me run one in my 'office', but she does not run any A/C where she is in the house.  I keep the thermo at 26-27 (25 at night) and she uses 3 blankets. (of course this time of year the A/C compressor runs full time even when on 27, except for when it 'cycles').

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs was telling me this guy has rather a bad reputation.....

A most common trait among political and authoritarian types. 

One less corrupted mafia figure.