You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Motorcyclist on Phone With Girlfriend Fatally Crashes in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — A Thai motorcyclist who was talking on the phone with his girlfriend while driving tragically crashed into the rear of a parked sedan on the side of a road and died.

The victim, Mr. Chavanin Treesakorn, 30, was found on Road No. 331 inbound to the Sattahip district in the Banglamung district of Pattaya Thursday evening, March 30th. The man succumbed to his serious injuries despite Sawang Boriboon rescuers’ attempts at reviving him.

Chavanin was found beside his demolished Honda Click and a white sedan with a damaged rear. The Pattaya News team asked a witness and sedan driver, whose name was held at their request, who first spotted the victim and was told that he was using his front lights because the road was very dark.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/01/motorcyclist-on-phone-with-girlfriend-fatally-crashes-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-04-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

he was using his front lights because the road was very dark.

Well that's good to know. Any info on his rear light, if any.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I thought all motorbikes had to have the light on all the time while on the road.

And all riders must wear helmets, not use the phone and drive on the left.

The rear light thing depends on whether the bulb has blown or not.  

• Thumbs Up 2

"A Thai motorcyclist who was talking on the phone with his girlfriend while driving tragically crashed into the rear of a parked sedan on the side of a road and died."

Not "tragically".......

.......Stupidly

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai motorcyclist who was talking on the phone with his girlfriend while driving tragically crashed into the rear of a parked sedan on the side of a road and died.

RIP. 

They will never learn . won't be the last .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RandiRona said:
6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how she feels being part of the reason he died?

That means she has to assume responsibility for his death? Like Thai say ... it was up to him....

She presumably knew he was talking to her while driving. In fact, she said so. So yes, she was partly responsible by talking to him knowing it was dangerous to do so. 

• Like 1

Was driving to Hanoi this morning at 5am, on a highway from Haiphong, always super busy with container trucks and all manner of other vehicles.

Now I'm not sure who's worse - the Thais or the Viets, but the Viets IMHO are <deleted> horrendous.

Traffic came to a near halt, and we all proceeded past what must be a daily occurrence - a lifeless corspe with his head split open like a watermelon, lying on the road. Methinks he went under a truck.

Haven't seen a fresh corspe in decades. May well have some nightmares tonight.

Honestly, the way some people drive - they don't deserve the right to use the road or operate anything with wheels, besides a wheelbarrow. 

• Sad 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:09 AM, KannikaP said:

And all riders must wear helmets, not use the phone and drive on the left.

The rear light thing depends on whether the bulb has blown or not.  

There 's a lot of nearly new motorbikes/ scooter's  in town  with blown bulbs,  as a young Thai teenager told me if u show lights on your bike at night you"re chicken, so they remove the bulb,

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, actonion said:

There 's a lot of nearly new motorbikes/ scooter's  in town  with blown bulbs,  as a young Thai teenager told me if u show lights on your bike at night you"re chicken, so they remove the bulb,

And an older one said that it uses the electricity at home! 

On 4/3/2023 at 6:51 AM, jacko45k said:

Coincidentally watching in my rear view a motorbike driver on my tailgate as I left the village last night, busy focused on his phone.....At some point one has to admit they are mentally challenged!

Driving back from Korat yesterday I was aware of the numerous speed cameras on highway 304. Every time I obeyed the speed limit I was instantly tail gated. Cars and motor bikes don't worry me, it's those 36 wheelers that can cause all sorts of carnage.

On 4/2/2023 at 10:06 PM, 2baht said:

This is becoming a very regular occurence, they have the attention span of a fly!

Google (Android) and Apple should be made responsible for many of these accidents and pay a huge sum of money.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, watchcat said:

Google (Android) and Apple should be made responsible for many of these accidents and pay a huge sum of money.

Why? It's the idiots on the phone. Google and Apple don't tell them to use their phones when they ride on motorcycles! Total lack of common sense!

• Like 1