Trump taps white-collar attorney to helm indictment defense

onthedarkside

image.png.45c8add9ce2ac15b7f14214e5e47d89d.png

Former President Donald Trump has hired a top white-collar criminal defense lawyer and former federal prosecutor, Todd Blanche, as his lead counsel to handle the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal indictment of the former president.

Blanche, until recently a partner at law firm Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, said in an email obtained by POLITICO that he was resigning from the firm because “I have been asked to represent Trump in the recently charged DA case, and after much thought/consideration, I have decided it is the best thing for me to do and an opportunity I should not pass up.”

Blanche declined to comment Monday. Trump is also represented in the case by Susan Necheles and Joe Tacopina, lawyers who represented him during the investigation that led to the indictment.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/03/trump-todd-blanche-indictment-attorney-00090157

image.png.90187c63242d216c2ebbe3430e7fe917.png

12 hours ago, Tug said:

Hope he got paid in advance!

100%, and quite a large amount. After all, Trump's not paying, it's his teeming horde of True Believers™ sending in their spare change who are footing the bill. Because billionaires need all the help they can get, and they know Trump needs to keep all his golf courses.

• Like 1