Hotmail problem.

lelapin

This morning I sign on to my hotmail a/c with no problem. Click on INBOX and see I have 3 emails. Within 2 seconds before I can open one, the list disappears and it shows INBOX empty. I click INBOX again and they show for 2 seconds again and disappear. Anybody have any idea why and how I can solve the problem?

I am not familiar with the current version of the program.

It could be that there is a filer to show only the last 3 month, or a filter to show only emails from people in your address book or something similar.

Look if you see somewhere something like "Filter".

You can try in general if it works if you can ask someone with whom you exchange regularly mails to send you a mail. You should see that in your inbox.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not familiar with the current version of the program.

It could be that there is a filer to show only the last 3 month, or a filter to show only emails from people in your address book or something similar.

Look if you see somewhere something like "Filter".

You can try in general if it works if you can ask someone with whom you exchange regularly mails to send you a mail. You should see that in your inbox.

I got someone to send me email and again it only showed for 2 seconds.

16 minutes ago, lelapin said:

Anybody have any idea why and how I can solve the problem?

First , try clearing your cache and deleting cookies etc.

Then try a different browser like Firefox. I have had issues with Chrome lately but everything fine on Firefox.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

Hotmail split the inbox into 2 different inboxes. One is called Focused and one called Other.

Is it possible the emails are moving to the Other section.

Do you have anything in the Junk folder?

You can stop the Focussed rubbish by ciicking on settings, bottom left gearwheel, and stopping Focussed.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You can stop the Focussed rubbish by ciicking on settings, bottom left gearwheel, and stopping Focussed.

I switched to Focus and all seems OK. Set to other it still has old problem. Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

People still use hotmail? Do yourself a favour and switch to gmail.

Switching email address is not easy and a lot of work. Several passwords are linked to my hotmail. Is there any automatic way to change. I already have a gmail account where all my hotmails are automatically forwarded.

2 minutes ago, lelapin said:

Switching email address is not easy and a lot of work. Several passwords are linked to my hotmail. Is there any automatic way to change. I already have a gmail account where all my hotmails are automatically forwarded.

You should not use the browser to store passwords. I assume that is what you are doing. I'm unaware that hotmail stores passwords and if it did that would be a huge security risk. I recommend you either purchase a 1password subscription or install keepass2 for windows or keepassxc for linux or mac. Then store the password file in google drive.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

People still use hotmail? Do yourself a favour and switch to gmail.

Why?

This always comes up whenever someone has issues or asks a question about Hotmail/Outlook mail and often with no justification.

We all have preferences for different reasons and personally I would be doing myself no favours by switching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

Why?

This always comes up whenever someone has issues or asks a question about Hotmail/Outlook mail and often with no justification.

We all have preferences for different reasons and personally I would be doing myself no favours by switching.

Google hotmail deliverability.

• Haha 1