Thai spouse visa - do i need to wait till visa approval before withdrawing money ?

You have to wait for the under consideration period, after that you can. Easy!. But I've heard some people using an agent do not have to wait, they can withdraw money even while on the under consideration period

Edited by Jack1988
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

You have to wait for the under consideration period, after that you can. Easy!. But I've heard some people using an agent do not have to wait, they can withdraw money even while on the under consideration period

. if i had to wait till after the period its fine too.  just wanted to make sure .

anyone tried withdrawing immediately after application ? 

18 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

. if i had to wait till after the period its fine too.  just wanted to make sure .

Some have and still received the final stamp.

Sometimes with a warning.

What's the issue. That desperate?

7 hours ago, bluebanana said:

my office Rayong doesn't check bank book on getting extension stamp, so could withdraw money if required

• Thanks 1

We all know how any experiences at immigration can sometimes differ from office to office and IO to IO. Many many such threads.

Don't really have any experience with the specific rule and your circumstances.

Personally, assuming no financial pinch,  I would take the "err on the side of caution", "why tempt fate" approach.  Leave the money until you have your annual renewal stamp safely in your passport.

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bluebanana said:

In six years they have never asked to check my bank. I always keep mine for 3mths anyway but when applying just ask. It says 60days on applying nothing about until approved.

407967670_MARRYEXPAGEI.JPG.b9c0898188bb86b86f4ed6d39b7ae46d.JPG

• Thanks 1

I have done 7 extensions at Chiang mai and never had my funds checked after the issue of the "under consideration" stamp. I was once told that I had to produce an updated bankbook on getting my extension stamp at the end of the "under consideration" period, but on turning up with the bankbook and printed copies, the official dismissed them with the question "what are these for?"

• Thanks 1