Bluetooth dongle for Keyboard + Mouse that works with TV

Mickeymaus

I have a LG Smart TV. When I use the small Keyboard shown in the picture it works perfectly. I plug the small 2.4 GHz receiver into the USB port of the TV and get the message HID (Human Interface Device) detected and it works. If I plug in the Bluetooth dongle I get the message unknown device. 

I looked a lot on the Internet but couldn't find a clear answer if there is a Bluetooth adapter that will work. There are some for sound output that work. But I want to use it for a mouse and keyboard. Is there any Bluetooth dongle that will work? 

16808474770290.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Forget the Bluetooth dongle then if USB works OK.

The keyboard must be out-putting a Bluetooth signal for it to work.

Of course I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I do not want to use the small 2.4 GHz keyboard shown in the picture with it. It has its dongle. 

11 minutes ago, ravip said:

This could be a tricky business. Most Bluetooth dongles need a driver. The article below might give you some leads...

https://www.lifewire.com/add-bluetooth-adapter-to-tv-4174442#:~:text=If you have a Bluetooth,to your TV using Bluetooth.

This is for output. For this my TV has built in Bluetooth. You even can connect a Bluetooth keyboard to it - as long as it is from LG ????

Just now, KannikaP said:

Has the LG Smart TV not got a Bluetooth adapter, send & receive, built in.

My Samsung has, but it needs switching ON in Settings.

It has output. But for keyboard you have to buy a keyboard from LG. Can you use such a dongle at your Samsung TV for mouse and keyboard? 

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

It has output. But for keyboard you have to buy a keyboard from LG. Can you use such a dongle at your Samsung TV for mouse and keyboard? 

I never tried a Bluetooth Keyboard so do not have BT Dongle as my wireless one works well.

39 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I never tried a Bluetooth Keyboard so do not have BT Dongle as my wireless one works well.

I see on the Internet that you can connect them to the Samsung TV directly. At LG only with WebOS 5.0 that came in 2020. But then only devices from certain companies. With WebOS 4.5 that I have only the LG keyboard is possible. But perhaps someone uses a Bluetooth dongle that works with LG. 

• Thumbs Up 1