Software/apps to try before a clean install.

FlorC

On 4/11/2023 at 9:13 PM, FlorC said:

So Linux can't use Veracrypts in NTFS ?

The container is formatted in NTFS. So you open the container and it appears like a drive formatted in NTFS, too. Supposedly NTSF support is baked in to Linux kernel versions as of 5.15 if you have that. Otherwise,  you'll probably need to fool around with getting an NTFS driver for your Linux installation.

Even so, NTFS is not one of the Linux standards and Linux still doesn't much like it, notably for writing. You have to be careful to avoid file corruption. As one guru explains,

There is no risk that Linux will corrupt your files if you

1) properly disconnect ntfs drives or properly shut down your system before disconnecting

2) periodically have them checked on a Windows system,

3) only access ntfs file systems that have been properly closed on Windows (i.e., eject button in the tray or a Windows system that is **fully** shut down, i.e., no "fast start").

Linux doesn't really need Veracrypt, since it offers an encrypted /home and you can encrypt partitions as you will. The issue would be one of sync I suppose.

^ Thanks for that.

It is more for all my veracrypt volumes on ext HDD's. On the SSD with linux on , I can use it but not formated with NTFS. 

So I'll need ext drives for Linux back ups too.

More profit for Western digital then.

Tried mediaplayers. 

VLC , third time , still no good. Don't see what people like about it. 

MPC-BE and Potplayer are very simular to KMP and KMP64 , and pretty good. Potplayer is the only one that plays .ts files with no problem when going FF or clicking on time line.

Zoomplayer and ACG player , no thanks .

Didn't bother with Gom player , it has ads too in free version.