Will CW extend retirement if I'm behind on 90-day report (sigh ... overlapped with passport replacement)

I plan to apply for a new passport in the next few weeks.  Then, mid-year, I'll transfer my current retirement extension, and apply for a new one, in a single trip to CW.  Unfortunately, I just fell behind on my 90-day report -- I was focused on the passport renewal (and didn't get the automated 90-day reminder) and forgot to do it.  

Given my (haha) advanced age of about 70, is it possible that CW will let me do the transfer and extension on a single visit even though I'm a bit behind on the 90-day report (which I'll work out later that day, since I'll then have a valid passport with visa) ?  

Or is it more likely to be the worst-case scenario:  they will transfer my current visa on one visit, tell me to go fix the 90-day report, and require another trip for the retirement extension?

Thanks for any advice (and yes, because of age / health I'm trying to avoid trips to CW). 

-- Retiree 

Previously CW was the sensible office that did not require TM47 receipt for annual extensions.

That has now changed.

OP, I suggest that you attend CW for transfer of stamps/visa info to new passport and 90 day report prior to trip for extension.

It's best imo to make the two trips.

Transfer stamps and 90 report then extension when it's due. 

Regards health age etc , why not check out cost of agent for the minor stuff and do the extension yourself. 

Or ask if they can take accompany you to CW and facilitate the whole box and dice.

Obviously you would need to meet the financials requirements. 

In Bangkok you cold consult @ThaiVisaCentre

Edited by DrJack54

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Previously CW was the sensible office that did not require TM47 receipt for annual extensions.

That has now changed.

Thanks, that was what I was trying to find out.   I still have the old passport, so I'll do the 90-day + fine first, then transfer + extension mid-year (within the window for the next 90-day report on the new passport).    The IM site does say that I must bring the new passport in person the first time to enable on-line reporting, but that I can send it via my trusty motorcycle driver. 

-- Retiree 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Went to CW to extend a month ago. I never do my 90 day report. They had no clue.

Hmm, looks like DrJack54 and Celsius are not in agreement on this.   Any idea why this might be?    Celsius -- was it a retirement extension, and was your 90-day overdue (not reset by leaving / re-entering the country)?  

Edited by retiree
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, retiree said:

Hmm, looks like DrJack54 and Celsius are not in agreement on this.   Any idea why this might be?    Celsius -- was it a retirement extension, and was your 90-day overdue (not reset by leaving / re-entering the country)?  

It was a marriage extension. To be fair, I was expecting to pay the fee, but they asked for nothing.

1 hour ago, retiree said:

Hmm, looks like DrJack54 and Celsius are not in agreement on this.   Any idea why this might be? 

First up TM47 should have nothing to do with extensions.

Personally mine is based on retirement.

My previous 9 extensions retirement a TM47 receipt was never requested.

My most recent extension Nov 2022....I had an appointment and went through document check chick.

She demanded the TM47.

Felt like I was dealing with school kid.

I always take the kitchen sink with me so had my most recent TM47.

And people wonder why I dislike immigration.

Bunch of "limited" folk. 

I may have been asking the wrong question.  Has anybody: 

-- tried to extend their retirement visa at CW,

-- been asked for, but been unable to produce, a current 90-day report receipt, and 

-- either been allowed to extend despite not being up to date, or not allowed to extend because of it? 

-- or, know through some other means, that the 90-day report must be up-to-date for an extension per procedures currently being followed at CW? 

Thanks in advance, 

-- Retiree 

13 minutes ago, retiree said:

I may have been asking the wrong question.  Has anybody: 

-- tried to extend their retirement visa at CW,

-- been asked for, but been unable to produce, a current 90-day report receipt, and 

-- either been allowed to extend despite not being up to date, or not allowed to extend because of it? 

-- or, know through some other means, that the 90-day report must be up-to-date for an extension per procedures currently being followed at CW? 

Thanks in advance, 

-- Retiree 

Say what!

Read my earlier post.

A TM47 was required from me at Doc check for annual extension based on retirement at CW Nov last year.

Yeah sure some folk will post it was not asked for. 

As always immigration is hit and miss.

Sort out your 90 day report prior to extention.

You can do it on same visit for extension..

Weird thread. 

4 minutes ago, buick said:

i did my extension based on retirement in early Oct 2022.  i did a 90 day report in Sept 2022 and was not asked for it when i did the extension in Oct 2022. 

Yes that's the way it should be.

TM47 should not be required as my post indicated.

I also indicated that in Nov 2022 I had to provide 90 day report. 

So what should someone provide at CW for retirement extension.