As President Biden considers 2024 run, Americans weigh in on whether he should

Social Media

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Americans in the nation's capital weighed in on whether President Joe Biden should run for reelection in 2024, with many sharing concerns about the chief executive's age.

"No, he's too old," Anthony of New York told Fox News. "He can't form a coherent sentence. I don't think he's fit to run."

How about new faces on BOTH sides?  Biden's recent interview at Easter was an embarrassment. He could barely string two phrases together without coming unglued.  All in the face of that tough questioner, Al Roker of the TOday SHow...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

How about new faces on BOTH sides?  Biden's recent interview at Easter was an embarrassment. He could barely string two phrases together without coming unglued.  All in the face of that tough questioner, Al Roker of the TOday SHow...

I guess you don;t know anything at all about Biden personally. He has had a lifelong speech impediment. This repeated personal slur seems to be a feature of the right even thought most do know about it. Trump set the scene by mocking a disabled reporter and now you guys all think it's fair play.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The problem isn't the stutter, it is the obvious cognitive decline. Look at Joe in his VP days compared to now and tell me he hasn't visibly deteriorated.

In 6 years I've visibly declined (look older). You? Trump?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

In 6 years I've visibly declined. You? Trump?

Trump too. That's why I said I want BOTH parties to choose new candidates. Also perhaps why so many Democrats want to dump him as candidate. The only think keeping him remotely in the picture is the dread spectre of Kamala Harris getting the nomination. Perhaps Joe's best decision was installing her as VP. What a great insurance policy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Plenty of splendid options in the Democrat Party, it’s not a one horror race.

Care to provide some of these "splendid options"?  Generally the sitting VP is the choice, but it seems that few people would be happy if she were the nominee. Like I wrote on another thread, a centrist like former Senator Tester of Montana could help bring the party back to the center and peel off some GOP votes.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Bring the party back to the center? Biden is a centrist, the problem is the republican party has taken a huge swing to the right.

IMHO both parties have extreme wings that tend to suck a lot of the oxygen out of the room.  Biden used to be a centrist, but the party has dragged him left and he is too weak to fight back much. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

IMHO both parties have extreme wings that tend to suck a lot of the oxygen out of the room.  Biden used to be a centrist, but the party has dragged him left and he is too weak to fight back much. 

Name a single "extreme left" policy platform expounded by the Democratic party.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This ain't  rocket science.

Regardless of opinions Biden is the incumbent and is running.

On the anti democracy party side Trump will probably be nominated.

Then Biden is reelected.

If by some miracle the Trumpist party puts up anyone other than Trump, then Biden probably loses.

It's a reasonably good bet for the democrats to keep going with Joe.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This ain't  rocket science.

Regardless of opinions Biden is the incumbent and is running.

On the anti democracy party side Trump will probably be nominated.

Then Biden is reelected.

If by some miracle the Trumpist party puts up anyone other than Trump, then Biden probably loses.

It's a reasonably good bet for the democrats to keep going with Joe.

I think that's the conventional wisdom. The GOP are freaking out about Trump running. The danger is that Biden tips his hand and runs and then Trump gets a major indictment. If the GOP nominate a centrist candidate, Biden is toast. A drover's dog could beat Trump but I hope Biden doesn't run either way.

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

To be honest I don't think Biden will finish the remaining 2 years in front of him, unless he goes into the cellar again.

Sounds more like a wish than a think.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's a number of facts to dispute that misleading claim "Abortion on demand up to birth", but since you don't link to any credible source I'll leave out the fact check links for now.

Can you dig up the position of a Democratic member of Congress that does not feel that way? Because I have seen a number of interviews and they all use the facile euphemism "I support a woman's right to choose" without ever getting any pushback on what they actually mean in terms of what a cutoff day should be. 

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Can you dig up the position of a Democratic member of Congress that does not feel that way? Because I have seen a number of interviews and they all use the facile euphemism "I support a woman's right to choose" without ever getting any pushback on what they actually mean in terms of what a cutoff day should be. 

Not for me to dig up your claims.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

So you make a claim and when asked more information you state 'well, I don't know really '.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

America has become a nation of extreme leftists:

Voters Support the Inflation Reduction Act

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2022/8/3/voters-support-the-inflation-reduction-act#:~:text=In a new poll%2C Data,clean energy enjoy bipartisan support.

Fact-check: Would Democratic bill allow abortion up until delivery?.”

PolitiFact's ruling: Mostly False

Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022" and proposed by Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., says states would not be able to keep health care providers from offering abortions before fetal viability, which generally is around 24 weeks into pregnancy. It adds that states could restrict health care providers from providing abortions after fetal viability, but only "when, in the good-faith medical judgment of the treating health care provider, continuation of the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant patient’s life or health." 

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2022/08/08/fact-check-would-democratic-bill-allow-abortion-up-until-delivery/65393371007/

Do you have any use for facts at all?

..and how easy is it to find a doctor who will certify such a vague judgement?  

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you make a claim and when asked more information you state 'well, I don't know really '.

I've yet to see any demonstrator for the right to dispose of the unborn foetus as if it were a malignant tumour with a sign including "in the first trimester".

Whatever happened to contraception? It's like the pill was never invented.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've yet to see any demonstrator for the right to dispose of the unborn foetus as if it were a malignant tumour with a sign including "in the first trimester".

Whatever happened to contraception? It's like the pill was never invented.

Please don't quote me if you don't respond to the comment made 

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Less than 1% of all abortions are carried out in the last trimester and when they are its for medical reasons. 

Your claim:

Green New Deal

Abortion on demand up to birth

Is false and you should acknowledge that

NRSC wrong that Mandela Barnes has come out “in favor of abortion up until the moment of birth.”

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/oct/20/national-republican-senatorial-committee/nrsc-wrong-that-mandela-barnes-has-come-out-in-fav/

California’s Proposition 1 includes “a right to abortion up-to-birth.”

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/nov/07/instagram-posts/proposition-1-unlikely-remove-limits-when-abortion/

Posts misrepresent details of US Senate vote to codify Roe

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-abortion-law-democrats-205822809847

20 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Vague statement? Well, we know what the alternative to that allegedly vague statement is, don't we? Doctors who are afraid to perform therapeutic abortions because they risk fines and imprisonment. Anything other than the final decision resting with medical personnel authorized to perform the procedure is obviously going to discourage late term abortions performed for the health of the mother.

• Like 1