where to buy? North Bangkok

hi, new in from Europe....

where can I buy a bong and some weed? Or can I buy a ready rolled joint? currently staying in an airbnb so don't want the landlady to think I'm a dope head, just wanna try a few of the 'flavors' over here to see how it compares to the frogland homegrown

cheers

Walk out the door, turn left or go straight or turn right. Walk 100 m.

Can you define "North Bangkok"?

Google maps, search for cannabis. And YouTube has reviews.

Maybe go to one of the larger shops.

A bong may be harder to find, in a shop. Maybe better to order on-line? There was a recent bong thread here.

On 4/13/2023 at 11:41 AM, Denim said:

That map explains why I have never yet seen anywhere selling it.  Not a single place anywhere I regularly go

Much more extensive list on our platform here (the one previously mentioned only has 374 indexed, we have 4,700+ indexed). It can be a lot more useful in areas which are high highly populated with cannabis shops.

https://WEED.TH

If you have a mobile phone just allow it to grab your location, and it will show you all the shops nearest to you.

For items like pre-rolls we will be enabling a filter for that specifically soon.

The issue right now is a "pre-roll" is still questionable in terms of legality, most shops will roll them for you (after order).

Edited by OG Thai

9 hours ago, OG Thai said:

Much more extensive list on our platform here (the one previously mentioned only has 374 indexed, we have 4,700+ indexed). It can be a lot more useful in areas which are high highly populated with cannabis shops.

https://WEED.TH

If you have a mobile phone just allow it to grab your location, and it will show you all the shops nearest to you.

For items like pre-rolls we will be enabling a filter for that specifically soon.

The issue right now is a "pre-roll" is still questionable in terms of legality, most shops will roll them for you (after order).

I'd ever buy preroll it's just the shake and been sitting around who knows how long.

If you can't roll a decent joint you don't deserve to smoke one either

I would post the Coconuts weed map which is better than what was posted above but the last time I looked at it there was little or nothing in that band that I had mentioned in a previous post aside from those two vendors

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything online and have not. It's bad enough that you get all this beautiful flower and it's low THC or been sprayed but at least you can look at what you're buying before you put your money down.

All your OG stuff requires age verification, identification, email addresses, passport numbers... Err, no way. Even to access that website requires an age verification and phone! Lol, you don't need my phone.

I've seen others in the subform raises issue with you and you are quite dismissive. That's quite all right it's your business and you can run it any way you want. But I certainly will never buy weed from anyone or any business that requires my identification. If that means not smoking at all that's fine as well.

You seem pretty concerned about covering your own ass and not at all worried about all the invasive identification that you require. As I understand it none of this is correct. Currently, you are simply required to click an age verification on any website. Certainly identification and phone numbers are absolutely not required. If I have this wrong please respond by linking law.

Pass

BTW did you fix the search? It was woefully broken last time I was on that side a few months ago

Screenshot_2023-04-16-10-44-34-52_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Edited by Menken
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Menken said:

I'd ever buy preroll it's just the shake and been sitting around who knows how long.

If you can't roll a decent joint you don't deserve to smoke one either

I would post the Coconuts weed map which is better than what was posted above but the last time I looked at it there was little or nothing in that band that I had mentioned in a previous post aside from those two vendors

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything online and have not. It's bad enough that you get all this beautiful flower and it's low THC or been sprayed but at least you can look at what you're buying before you put your money down.

All your OG stuff requires age verification, identification, email addresses, passport numbers... Err, no way. Even to access that website requires an age verification and phone! Lol, you don't need my phone.

I've seen others in the subform raises issue with you and you are quite dismissive. That's quite all right it's your business and you can run it any way you want. But I certainly will never buy weed from anyone or any business that requires my identification. If that means not smoking at all that's fine as well.

You seem pretty concerned about covering your own ass and not at all worried about all the invasive identification that you require. As I understand it none of this is correct. Currently, you are simply required to click an age verification on any website. Certainly identification and phone numbers are absolutely not required. If I have this wrong please respond by linking law.

Pass

BTW did you fix the search? It was woefully broken last time I was on that side a few months ago

Screenshot_2023-04-16-10-44-34-52_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

We have since changed how OG shop works, and can do verification with a simple face scan (similar to banking KYC).

image.png.c9541f2e70daaecf5eca63d5866487f0.png

The scan is then processed by AI to ensure that it is a real person, and not a video, and also estimates age.

If you are confidently 25+ years old then we do not require ID to verify your account, otherwise ID will be requested like before.

This is no longer processed by us, and handled by a large KYC company which handles the same KYC for many large multinational banks, and they are required to keep data secure, and perform everything by the book. 

As for phone we also accept email, and pre-rolls will depend on who is making them. But yes you are correct many shops that make pre-rolls use shake. We carry cones for the rolling-handicapped.

> BTW did you fix the search? It was woefully broken last time I was on that side a few months ago

What was wrong with the search?

Now we are heavily focus on providing a easy GPS search, so you just enable the app, and it shows shops nearest to you.

Theres also strain searching within 100km of your location, and this is all free.

image.thumb.png.d3898dac862973e9262e968fff9beda1.png

Edited by OG Thai

26 minutes ago, OG Thai said:

simple face scan (similar to banking KYC).

Just as bad, maybe worse.

The scan is then processed by AI to ensure that it is a real person, and not a video, and also estimates age.

Lol, this is such overkill. Do you really think that a Thai teenager is going to create an AI image too fool your system when they can just stroll down the street and buy a bag of weed from any shop in which they can pass for 18. Many weed shops right now I expect her quite hard up and probably would sell to a kid that's 15 or 16.

his is no longer processed by US, and handled by a large KYC company which handles the same KYC for many large multinational banks, and they are required to keep data secure, and perform everything by the book

Banking security, great. That's cold comfort. It's weed... I don't want to be associated with it and I don't think that I am paranoid. I'm just a simple user and don't want to be on any list whatever that list might be.

We are in a very scary age both politically and technologically speaking. Someone with your tech savvy I would expect to be a bit more clued in

I think your business model is conflated, you overbuilt in anticipation of some massive new laws coming. Maybe you can lobby the parliament like they do in the United States and get them to pass these laws for you ????????

It's still not happened and won't. Even if it does it won't be enforced if you've been in Thailand long enough - you should know this.

What was wrong with the search

I recall the Bangkok pick / area picking up all stores. As I recall searching open only may have solved that. Something like that it's been a long time ago.

The reviews are just pulled from Google and are worthless because all the shops are rated between 4 and 5 stars all with glowing reviews.

You boast of b4,700 listings - many of those are closed already and by closed I don't mean store hours. In fairness, all the Weedmaps have this issue - but so does yours

heavily focus on providing a easy GPS search, so you just enable the app, and it shows shops nearest to you

This is pretty cool ????. I must say you're a sharp dude and everything you do is top drawer. I don't at all question your integrity but I do worry about identity issues in general and even more so long.

My guess is this is a big funded venture not just you in your underwear. I must say you certainly got out of the gate quickly.

I found your website when I just started to poke around thinking I was going to much the same thing. I wanted to do my own reviews and YouTube videos which you don't feature. But then realize the effort and the cost and the time and what I could possibly get out of it and it was a non-starter.

I think you really overshot but if Thailand does tighten up then you'll be ready for the kill.

As for me I will just be going to my local shops. I don't smoke much weed and probably will even less in the near future. My experience in the general population in Thailand on holiday is ties are not big smokers. I think when the fad is gone you will find basically just the country bumpkin types and foreigners as the entire market.

I suspect after the thrill is gone you will few people between 20 and 35 that are attempting to be productive in their lives buying this stuff. Weed is just not an Asian thing generally speaking imo.

Good luck with your venture and if you ever open a real shop I would be happy to visit if it's near Central Bangkok or the MRT. I'm looking forward because you're buds and your prices look great

Edited by Menken
numerous wording errors due to speech to text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Menken said:

Just as bad, maybe worse.

Lol, this is such overkill. Do you really think that a Thai teenager is going to create an AI image too fool your system when they can just stroll down the street and buy a bag of weed from any shop in which they can pass for 18. Many weed shops right now I expect her quite hard up and probably would sell to a kid that's 15 or 16.

Banking security, great. That's cold comfort. It's weed... I don't want to be associated with it and I don't think that I am paranoid. I'm just a simple user and don't want to be on any list whatever that list might be.

We are in a very scary age both politically and technologically speaking. Someone with your tech savvy I would expect to be a bit more clued in

I think your business model is conflated, you overbuilt in anticipation of some massive new laws coming. Maybe you can lobby the parliament like they do in the United States and get them to pass these laws for you ????????

It's still not happened and won't. Even if it does it won't be enforced if you've been in Thailand long enough - you should know this.

I recall the Bangkok pick / area picking up all stores. As I recall searching open only may have solved that. Something like that it's been a long time ago.

The reviews are just pulled from Google and are worthless because all the shops are rated between 4 and 5 stars all with glowing reviews.

This is pretty cool ????. I must say you're a sharp dude and everything you do is top drawer. I don't at all question your integrity but I do worry about identity issues in general and even more so long.

My guess is this is a big fund adventure not just you in your underwear.

I think you really overshot but if Thailand does tighten up then you'll be ready for the kill.

As for me I will just be going to my local shops. I don't smoke much weed and probably will even less in the near future. My experience in the general population in Thailand on holiday is ties are not big smokers. I think when the fat is gone you will find basically just the country pumpkin types and foreigners as the entire market.

I suspected after The thrill is gone you will see little or no people between 20 and 35 that are attempting to be productive in their lives buying this stuff. Weed is just not an Asian thing generally speaking imo.

Good luck with your venture and if you ever open a real shop I would be happy to visit if it's near Central Bangkok or the MRT. I'm looking forward because you're bored and your prices look great

The open / closed bug has since been fixed, and was related to a caching issue, as we were trying to figure out how to load all the shops on the map without creating large load times, or a massive rendering delay. The current approach can support up to 15,000 shops (we are far from that number at only 4,750).

In terms of security the company we are working with for KYC will 100% not be associating your purchases with cannabis. Basically we are internally sub-licensing the tech from our own 3rd party company which does not directly connect the two. This was done for multiple reasons, and one of which was your exact concern, but also for liability reasons for the KYC entity. 

The OG shop will open in around 1-2 months, It will offer similar benefits as the online shop in terms of reasonable pricing for resident / large purchases. It will be located in the Bang Na area.

I prefer not to operate in my underwear, and am usually fully dressed. Very little money had been spent on getting this all to this point. It has been just a disgusting amount of time, skill, and energy (which will hopefully pay off in the future). You only see whats on the surface, but there is a ton of additional behind the scenes tooling to make it work. I have pulled similar things off in the past so I do know what I am doing, and every time theres a ton of skepticism. The conflation is intentional, and it is a byproduct of preparing for any political / regulatory outcome.

A big part of the KYC implementation has always been to prepare for a possible tele-med pivot if forced to. This is the safest approach I could think of given the current environment. It now possible for us to flip a switch, and the system will support connecting the buyer to a medical professional before checkout. I see it more as insurance.

I give this project 2-5 more years to fully complete its initial potential (No funding needed, this is a fulltime-hobby for me at this point, and we are only 8 months into it.).

- OG .TH is an example of how a online store can legally operate

- WEED.TH will hopefully become a platform for shops, and eventually enable all shops to have their own online stores (as long as the law makes it more clear). But if it becomes a multi-year path to regulations WEED.TH will most likely pivot a little to support farms, and shops as a restricted wholesale platform.

Edited by OG Thai

7 hours ago, Menken said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything online and have not

Problem with that all the best deals and good quality is online…Google siamseeds new batches all fresh no big commercial grows????

2 hours ago, Menken said:

Yep the reviews are complete B.S don’t even relate to the current batch off weed most off them not even from weed bought in this country.verging on heavy advertising with phrases like high grade popcorn aimed at trying to keep normal bud prices up.

However I have tried there weed it’s nice enough????
seems guy is trying to build a brand seems to be doing well enough does listen to customers comments and takes them on board.

• Thanks 1