Supporting documents for a child first time UK passport

Not sure if right sub forum but...

I will renew my UK passport next week, i wanted to get my kids there first UK passport at the same time.

I have all the supporting documents and translations but the only thing I don't have is the wife's birth certificate as she doesn't have one (as from the village and they dont see them as important only I.D card ???? )

I do have her I.D card so I would like to know would that be accepted as an OK supporting document  aswell as the other stuff, my full birth, kids, translated birth certs, (no need for marriage anymore if born after 2006) so would that be OK?

I seem to remember that I used the wife's ID card. The important papers, from what I remember, pertain to you and the child. You being a Brit and the child being yours. First did it in 1994, but then you could visit the British Embassy in Bangkok, which helped.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

I seem to remember that I used the wife's ID card. The important papers, from what I remember, pertain to you and the child. You being a Brit and the child being yours. First did it in 1994, but then you could visit the British Embassy in Bangkok, which helped.

Good luck.

Me too ...... no problem using wife ID instead of her birth certificate.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

My info is 30 years out of date. My wife never had a birth certificate. After proof of 3 years living in UK with me , UK marriage certificate and Thai passport she obtained UK citizenship. It took 18 months to be processed. She obtained a UK passport 3 weeks later with no bother.