Visa History?

This may be a question for the top visa experts only but...Has anyone ever requested or been able to obtain a complete Visa History of all their visas in Thailand?

The reason for the question is: My wife recently joined me here in the states and the immigration folks here at USCIS want to see proof of our marriage history. (we're trying to get her B2 changed to permanent so she can get a green card and eventually citizenship) We've been married for 18 years and I switched from Non-B to Non-O married shortly after we got married so my stay in Thailand was no longer linked to the whim of an employer. If I could get a printout of my Non-O history on Thai Immigration letterhead it might help.

My other option is multiple copies of multiple pages spanning 3 passports.

TIA :wai:

The passports are the only place on earth with a full record. Immigration's system has a full history of entries and exits from Thailand and extensions of permission to stay, but they do not have information on visa applications. If you want a copy of the history stored in Immigration's system, well connected immigration lawyers can probably get that for you for a price, and provide a useful annotation on what it all means. Personally, I would just extract and collate all the information from the passport stickers and stamps instead.

• Thanks 1

Not sure what a list of entries into thailand on any visa type does for you to prove your marriage history. Doesn't your marriage documents provide that? Are you sure your understanding what they want? 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think you can do better than scanning all your passports with visa, extensions, entry and exit stamps. I just did this for a visa application for another country. Scanned in colour and saved as a PDF file. Each passport used about 4mb of space on the DPI and compression settings used. Pretty concrete evidence to suit your needs in my opinion. If they won't accept that, then ask them specifically what they need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I don't think you can do better than scanning all your passports with visa, extensions, entry and exit stamps. I just did this for a visa application for another country. Scanned in colour and saved as a PDF file. Each passport used about 4mb of space on the DPI and compression settings used. Pretty concrete evidence to suit your needs in my opinion. If they won't accept that, then ask them specifically what they need.

Kind of what I'm thinking also. Thanks for the PDF compression idea. Seems a good way to organize the 3 passports and save space.

It's not really anything they asked for beyond absolute proof of our marriage being a true one. My idea for the visa/extensions covering the same period to back up photos, certificates and such.

Was hoping for a way to get an official printout from the Thai government officials.

Edited by mrwebb8825

47 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Was hoping for a way to get an official printout from the Thai government officials.

Surely that is dreaming.

Your 3 passports show your record of living in Thailand and extensions marriage. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1