Has Songkran finished in Bangkok yet?

Deserted

I took a walk on a few roads during the last 4 days (Thonglor, Ekamai, Onnut, around Phra Khanong). There were some groups on open pickup trucks and outside shophouses with water hoses and guns, but no one bothered me when they saw me dressed in smart casual clothes with leather shoes.

I live in the middle of lower Sukhumvit. Until yesterday I heard them screaming outside, playing with water.

No noise like that until now.

And about an hour ago it rained a little - yes, real rain from the clouds.

If the situation changes sometimes today and I hear that screaming noise again outside, then I will report it here.

Stay dry! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I live in the province of Bangkok but on the eastern outskirts. I've lived there for 20 years and this year it's like a ghost town. There's hardly a car or motor bike around. No parties or water throwing not even loud music or loud mouthe ladies yelling at each other. Have Thais changed their ways? I'll reserve my judgement on that one.

Edited by NONG CHOK
typo

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And about an hour ago it rained a little - yes, real rain from the clouds.

are you sure that wasn't the neighbor watering his plants on the balcony ?   how many whiskeys had you had ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of Bangkok Thais bail out of the city and go back to their home provinces for Song Kran.

While there's always a lot of tourist-related SK activity going on here, in past years, other than that, lots of residential areas of BKK traditionally get pretty quiet because many of the locals have gone traveling.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK