Best Buffet for special birthday

1FinickyOne

There are many very good buffets available in Bangkok. But it depends you want seafood or international, and of course also the price range.

Goji at the Marriott Marguis they have a really huge selection of many different styles of food, but it's also more expensive.

At the end it depends on the price and what dishes you see as a must have...

18 hours ago, brommers said:

How can a buffet be up market

I would assume better quality food - that is coughed on but much more delicious than inexpensive buffets that have low quality food... and are also coughed on. 

ps - have you never been in a regular restaurant where you hear someone sneeze in the kitchen behind closed doors? 

The world is a dangerous place - no matter where you go, you pay your money and take your chances. 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 1

Since Sukontha is now closed for good, personally I’d go to Fahsai. But be aware, the Fahsai in cm will charge you extra if you don’t finish eating everything you brought to the table. Unlike the Fahsai locations in Phayao and lamphun, thay won’t change extra.

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They should charge extra as  well , some people take all the food and don't eat it and it goes to waste 

It happens more frequently in cm because a lot of the customers are from the south. Never noticed people wasting food at the Phayao Fahsai, and certainly not much at the one in Lamphun 

Edited by novacova

On 4/17/2023 at 1:52 PM, HampiK said:

Sorry, I was assuming BKK when I read the Shangri-La... sorry.

But sometimes It would help to tell the location in the text itself. As I was not checking the forum path...

Well its in the Chaing Mai forum so its safe to assume its in Chaing Mai, dont you think?

On 4/17/2023 at 10:30 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

Anyone been lately?

I was there 2 weeks ago.  Their food is sub par.  Most of the time it arrives cold when it is supposed to be hot. 

450b for French Fries and they bring them cold. 

The food was a total disappointment and nowhere near a value of any kind. 

On 4/17/2023 at 11:11 AM, HampiK said:

There are many very good buffets available in Bangkok. But it depends you want seafood or international, and of course also the price range.

Goji at the Marriott Marguis they have a really huge selection of many different styles of food, but it's also more expensive.

At the end it depends on the price and what dishes you see as a must have...

This is a Question in the Chiang Mai section. 

7 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Please post a map of that location in Santipham.  I can’t seem to find it.

Lucky that I have a google search engine that I can use.

I thoroughly recommend getting one , as I seem to be one of the few people to have a search engine...............................

https://www.chiangmaiambassador.com/auf-der-au-best-buffet-chiang-mai/

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Lucky that I have a google search engine that I can use.

I thoroughly recommend getting one , as I seem to be one of the few people to have a search engine...............................

https://www.chiangmaiambassador.com/auf-der-au-best-buffet-chiang-mai/

That looks like Nong Hoi,  are you sure it is Santipham?

13 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

I was there 2 weeks ago.  Their food is sub par.  Most of the time it arrives cold when it is supposed to be hot. 

450b for French Fries and they bring them cold. 

The food was a total disappointment and nowhere near a value of any kind. 

Were you at the seafood buffet? That is what I am asking about - I would not eat in the regular restaurant there... 

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Were you at the seafood buffet? That is what I am asking about - I would not eat in the regular restaurant there... 

I saw the buffet. After eating a few meals at the Shangri-la, I would NOT spend  1900b on something there.  The food was not impressive.  The buffet looked good, but I wasn't going to chance it.  

We instead all went to a Brazilian Steakhouse where all you can eat was 1800b.  It was excellent. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did the dim sum lunch at the Shangri la. Very uneven service, in that they didn't have a cart going around, you had to order Ala Carte -in limited quantities, and then wait a fair bit between courses.

But dim sum-wise, it was great. As good as you're ever going to get. Premium ingredients and good sized portions. Value for the money and it was only 2k baht for a bottle of wine. A deal, given the posh setting.

Completely unrelatedly, I ate an 1800 baht seafood buffet at the Radison Bleu in Bangkok. Couldn't fault it; beautiful carveries, a first rate Indian section, and more shellfish than you could want, including fin st Clair oysters. I've never had a bad buffet north of 1000. The venerable Landmark Hotel on Suk Road is a prime example.

Have eyed the Shangri-la Friday night blow out a few times. I note that you get 2 slipper lobsters; for me, an underachieving shell fish, but still good that they're throwing you a couple. At the Radison Bleu, they gave me a half a 1.5 pound Maine lobster.

Edited by LaosLover