Is border bounce by air to Laos and back to Bangkok airport dangerous?

The best airport in Thailand we have found to fly back hassle free is Krabi. 

The immigration are the nicest we have come across. They actually want tourists and smile. 

There are only a few immigration officers and no hassle whatsoever. 

We fly from Krabi to Kuala Lumpur return for about 80 dollars. 

We book a few weeks in advance. 

We normally spend 2 to 3 days but many in my condo go back same day. 

Krabi is the way to go if it's possible for you

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 10:00 AM, NewishAsianTraveller said:

As always, thanks for the response! We have been here a total of 90 days on a tourist visa with one extension. We haven't done any previous border bounces.

If that is your total time in Thailand in the last year then you have nothing to worry about but you could be asked for an onward ticket within the initial 30 days because that is the official rule for visa-exempt entries, your airline may ask also, so buy two cheap flights you can cancel for free or buy two fake tickets (cost about $10, there are many websites).

19 hours ago, NewishAsianTraveller said:

Tod, you really scared us with your response on FB! Your exact words were a bit rough and caused us quite a lot of anxiety!????

Will let you know on FB when it's all over.

I will freely admit I am blunt, terse, acerbic and coarse in my responses. I'm not trying to be your friend, I'm trying to give you the unvarnished truth as far as what you're plans are and what if any exposure you have trying to execute that plan.

Even the posters on here said entering by land would be a better choice. And all I was doing was pointing out, no matter what you think, 90 days here then bouncing out and back thru Bangkok could open you up to scrutiny.

I have literally hundreds of photos of denial of entry stamps from both suvarnabhumi and don mueang sent by people who contacted me after their plans for a quick bounce out and back went off the rails.

Will it happen to you? Dunno..

Could it happen to you? Most definitely.

Sorry my responses weren't what you wanted to hear.

I was trying to impress upon you there were easier ways to get a new free 30 day visa exempt entry rather than the plan you have. One you cooked up on your own without asking about it until after your bought the tickets..

Could it work without any hiccups?

Certainly could, and you might indeed skate right thru passport control.

As I said, good luck with it, I wasn't trying to fear monger.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2023 at 12:20 AM, JCauto said:

Your first sentence is true although the arrival fee varies with nationality.

Your second sentence is not, since Bor Pen Yang is no longer open (sadly). Try Mekong Garage Bar.

Bummer, hope it re-opens soon.

• 2 weeks later...

The comments in this thread are so far from reality, talking about bank balances and exit flights its his first trip what are you all talking about? I just flew into Da Nang a week ago in the morning and flew back to BKK 6 hours later, quick chit chat and I was through I had no exit flight or bank balances on me it took two seconds ... I've been on visa excempt stamps since 2018 and haven't left the country since 2017 apart from border bounces.

There is no more TM7 either, it couldn't be eaiser.

On 4/20/2023 at 6:18 AM, Tod Daniels said:

I will freely admit I am blunt, terse, acerbic and coarse in my responses. I'm not trying to be your friend, I'm trying to give you the unvarnished truth as far as what you're plans are and what if any exposure you have trying to execute that plan.

Even the posters on here said entering by land would be a better choice. And all I was doing was pointing out, no matter what you think, 90 days here then bouncing out and back thru Bangkok could open you up to scrutiny.

I have literally hundreds of photos of denial of entry stamps from both suvarnabhumi and don mueang sent by people who contacted me after their plans for a quick bounce out and back went off the rails.

I was trying to impress upon you there were easier ways to get a new free 30 day visa exempt entry rather than the plan you have. One you cooked up on your own without asking about it until after your bought the tickets..

On 4/20/2023 at 6:18 AM, Tod Daniels said:

Been doing border bounces 13 years straight, never seen a denied stamp let alone on first timer ... Hundreds? Got one I can see?

41 minutes ago, Robbkk said:

Any updates? I might be flying to Laos as well.

Much depends on your immigration history. If you fall into the category of "long stay tourist" (for which there is no clear definition) and especially if you are relatively young, flying into Thailand for a visa exempt entry involves risk. You can be denied entry.

There are no risks associated with flying out of Thailand, whatever your immigration history. If in doubt, consider returning via the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai, and flying from Udon Thani airport.