Thieves caught in the act of capturing monkeys in Lop Buri

webfact

image.jpeg

Three people, suspected of being members of a wildlife trafficking gang, were found to have used tranquiliser darts to capture over 10 macaque monkeys in Thailand’s Lop Buri province.

An unnamed witness, who claims to have recorded the stealing of the monkeys on his smart phone, said that a saloon car arrived in front of a house in the middle of Mueang district on Monday, where there are many monkeys.

One man and two women alighted from the car and gave food to the animals, which followed them to their car. The man then used tranquiliser darts to subdue the monkeys and grabbed them, one at a time, and threw them into the car.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thieves-caught-in-the-act-of-capturing-monkeys-in-lop-buri/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-04-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

We were 'trapped' inside a mini Big C last week after a big one attacked the mrs walking inside, I walked out and it went for me. In the end it was happy enough to go through the trash can, staff would not go near it either, this was in Bangkok!

Quote:

The witness said he shouted at the group who immediately sped away. Two darts were found at the scene. He reported the incident to Tha Hin police who subsequently checked CCTV in the area.

The police traced license plate of the car to Uthai Thani.

Oooop's.

2 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

I still have to find a Thai person who does not understand me, when I call the said town "Lingburi". Never try to drive through the place in a pickup truck with bananas on the bed.

Why on earth would a falang do that…:)