Six-year-old shot after basketball rolls into North Carolina man's yard

onthedarkside

image.png.7f6e3d3191bbe2048c1547c7f40a9cc0.png

Police in North Carolina are searching for a man accused of shooting a six-year-old girl and her father after their basketball rolled into the suspect's yard.

Two other victims, a woman and a man, were also injured.

Police said the suspect, 24-year-old Robert Louis Singletary, remains at large.

READ MORE

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65325867

image.png.42b24a2222bfb94de3ac924f9a942790.png

• Sad 1

Crime is getting out of hand everywhere, the mental test for owning a gun is  failing. Unless these guns were illegal. It is so sad that people can kill for no reason and they need to be dealt with maximum punishments'

Edited by vandeventer
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Crime is getting out of hand everywhere, the mental test for owning a gun is  failing. Unless these guns were illegal. It is so sad that people can kill for no reason and they need to be dealt with maximum punishments'

Agree, but that’s dealing with the aftermath of a shooting.

Time to step up prevention with better vetting before gun purchases.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Couple take aways, from link:

1. girl hit with a ricochet (not in the yard) as implied in title, but yea, still nuts.

2. why is this guy even out of jail, "known to police for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend with a sledgehammer in December"  ... sounds like attempted murder to me.   

One of my pet peeves, that revolving prison door.

3. also charge with..."possession of a firearm by a felon"   Didn't buy that from an FFL, or state the requires use of.

As I suggested earlier, that IMHO, should be a life sentence w/NO parole.  But hey, what do I know.  

Make the time, not worth the crime, and they might just stop committing them.  Or at least, remove them from society.  There is no reason for that person to be walking amongst us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The little girl is going to be ok I haven’t heard about her dad I think he’s still in the hospital ???? sad ???? and inexcusable but hey all is ok you can carry concealed weapons in Florida now no training no background checks nothing absolutely beyond belief 

When the young black man got shot by the 80 year old white householder the other day, I noticed CNN mentioning the 'racist' angle of it all. White on black.....OMG. I don't see any headlines about black person shoots white people.....and that is how it should be. Keep the race out of it. Just an observation. 

• Love It 2