how to remove new sidebar in google maps

isaanistical

seems to be some new google trick, according to a quick internet search, and no-one knows how to dump it. See screenshot:

image.thumb.png.2f97770334058ef7fc113d76c5f58794.png

this new panel on the left can't be stopped although I don't want it or want to "save searches". Anyone else seen this or can solve it?

New feature currently being evaluated...

Welcome to Google Maps Community Support Forum & thanks for your post.

That's the new UI Google is testing at present.

Regrettably, there is no way to stop its appearance.

Nevertheless, could you share your opinion through the help & feedback route?
Here is a link explaining how to do so.

"Send feedback about Maps."

The feature may become available later once there are sufficient requests.

https://support.google.com/maps/thread/208650775/how-to-hide-left-sidebar?hl=en-AU

• Sad 1

fdsa's suggestion works well.... but it's not so easy to revert back to the original look.

Very often I use this method to remove unwanted "features" from those websites I visit daily.,

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

Install "uBlock Origin" extension and use the "Filter" button.

ublock.png.cc617b56f1711cafce62ab62c7cf3928.png

I have Ublock on Firefox (I should mention the dumb google box appears on Opera and even Chrome too).

But how do I go from there? Amd are you saying I can stop this but only on FF? (which would still be better than nowt)?

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

fdsa's suggestion works well.... but it's not so easy to revert back to the original look.

Very often I use this method to remove unwanted "features" from those websites I visit daily.,

so it is or is not easy to revert? Not sure I want to. I mean I never want the new sidebar back.

3 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

2 hours ago, isaanistical said:

so it is or is not easy to revert? Not sure I want to. I mean I never want the new sidebar back.

If you're an experienced computer user who doesn't mind exploring the features of Ublock, any feature you choose to block can be restored.  I thought it likely that the OP was not that comfortable with making/undoing changes to his computer.

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

If you're an experienced computer user who doesn't mind exploring the features of Ublock, any feature you choose to block can be restored.  I thought it likely that the OP was not that comfortable with making/undoing changes to his computer.

tee-hee. I did something with Ublock and now the Maps page gives me a black space instead of the white space. To be honest, I know you're trying to help, but that doesn't!

2 hours ago, isaanistical said:

tee-hee. I did something with Ublock and now the Maps page gives me a black space instead of the white space. To be honest, I know you're trying to help, but that doesn't!

click uBlock icon, then click the "gears" icon titled "Open the dashboard", in the dashboard open "My Filters" tab and delete all lines with "maps.google.com" or "google.com/maps/"