New Chinese restaurant in Jomtien

richsilver

Love the westernised Chinese food.  But the real stuff isn't to our taste at all.  I've eaten in Hong Kong, only farang in restuarant.  Sweet + Sour pork - meat had the fat and hair still on each piece.

Took a Thai GF to Chinese Quarter in Birmingham, UK (fairly authentic food in some places) for a Chechan Hot Pot.  It was so damn spicy, even the Thai GF couldn't eat it - and she can eat spicy.  Didn't taste nice either.

4 hours ago, sharksy said:

Love the westernised Chinese food.  But the real stuff isn't to our taste at all.  I've eaten in Hong Kong, only farang in restuarant.  Sweet + Sour pork - meat had the fat and hair still on each piece.

Took a Thai GF to Chinese Quarter in Birmingham, UK (fairly authentic food in some places) for a Chechan Hot Pot.  It was so damn spicy, even the Thai GF couldn't eat it - and she can eat spicy.  Didn't taste nice either.

I've noticed that Thai people often have a problem with non Thai typical spices such as in Indian. Sichuan hot pot includes numbing Sichuan peppers and that's definitely weird for them.

Authentic Asian food of different kinds often contains meat with more fat and gristle than most westerners like and then there is also all the offal.

I would say if you are served hairy meat something went wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Hi Jingthing.  While we are on the subject of Chinese food can you tell me of a westernized Chinese Restaurant in Pattaya. I always used Choy Soy before.

Try Shanghai on Third Road. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2023 at 8:35 AM, actonion said:

I find Thai food as u have described above, lots of cheap re used oil,  and  cooked in very un- hygienic conditions,  & u can digest that

t;s true enough of Asian fast food in general but there are plenty of healthy Thai options that are not fried. Boiled soups, fermented meats...

As a paleo-diet/ketogenic follower I try to eat as little of ANY fried food as possible but if I fry eggs at home I will fry in butter. Keto friendly restaurants iin the West will do this but I am not aware of any that do it here. I recall a Thai restaurant trying to go green in this way in Nonthanburi but it is the lone  voice in the wilderness.