Are You Getting Rain Yet?

Aujuba

When there's nothing else to talk about talk about the weather. Actually, I'm curious as to what the weather is like way up there nowadays. Are you getting any rain or is it bone dry. Bangkok had some rain over the last few weeks. We've got lots of clouds but little is falling. They say will lots of dust in the air rain tends to take longer to fall but when it does it really comes down. Although I've lived in Thailand for quite some time I'm a bit confused as to where the rain comes from. In central thailand it seems to come from Burma or the Andaman. I would think that the clouds over Bangkok would head east to Cambodia or Esarn . Where does Esarn get its rain from?

Dry in upper Buriram. The Wife says she is worried about the rice. "Only have small rain, need big rain"

Yes, v. dry in central Isaan just now. No decent rain for several weeks, so garden needing daily watering and rice fields not looking so happy.

But there are big clouds around each day and it always looks like its threatening to pour, but never quite manages to do more than few paltry spits. Not good news if you're a farmer and this carries on much longer, as many still to get the rice in. but delayed planting til August is not unknown in Isaan, famous for its fickle rains. The strange this is there are heaps of reservoirs full of water, but no canals or abandoned canals leading out of them. Something not right thre methinks.

When there's nothing else to talk about talk about the weather. Actually, I'm curious as to what the weather is like way up there nowadays. Are you getting any rain or is it bone dry. Bangkok had some rain over the last few weeks. We've got lots of clouds but little is falling. They say will lots of dust in the air rain tends to take longer to fall but when it does it really comes down. Although I've lived in Thailand for quite some time I'm a bit confused as to where the rain comes from. In central thailand it seems to come from Burma or the Andaman. I would think that the clouds over Bangkok would head east to Cambodia or Esarn . Where does Esarn get its rain from?

The rains in SEA at this time of year come from the Indian Ocean Monsoon which runs from May to Oct and travels in a westernly to east direction, however maybe this year it's gone the other way as England has just recorded the wettest June on record! On a serious note it could have something to do with El nino or the other one La nina for more info on this read here (Reuters)

I guess it's time to go and buy 3 pig-heads and get 9 monks out of the local wat, to preform a rain-dance

Where does that come from? In our village they take a cat, put it in a cage and make a procession through the village with lots of water thrown at the procession including the cat. Last time I saw it was some years ago. They needed three cats, because they always found a way to run away during the procession.

Regards

Thedi

I guess it's time to go and buy 3 pig-heads and get 9 monks out of the local wat, to preform a rain-dance

Where does that come from? In our village they take a cat, put it in a cage and make a procession through the village with lots of water thrown at the procession including the cat. Last time I saw it was some years ago. They needed three cats, because they always found a way to run away during the procession.

Regards

Thedi

Buri-Ram black magic, dont ask me why, I stopped asking questions years ago :o

Well, last night she got her big rain finally. SHe is happy as she has had to re-plant some of the paddyfields allready.

The water reservoirs and canals I have seen too. So I am also wondering about this.