Renewing WP on the final day of expiry date?

Im on an ext of stay based on marriage and I luckily remembered to put 400k in 2 months prior. I deposited it to my account on the 2nd march. So it means that I can go on Monday 1st May to apply for another yrs visa (I think)

The stamp on my Work permit says 'must be extended before 8th May'.  Can I go on Monday 8th May to renew this ie the day of expiry?

My wife gets Mondays off and unsure if we can do both jobs on Monday 1st may

thanks

The only problem you may have is that you will have a 30 days consideration period on your 'Marriage extension", so on May 8th you do not actually have a valid extension.

This could be problematic, so some research is needed i believe.

Edited by couchpotato

11 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

So it means that I can go on Monday 1st May to apply for another yrs visa (I think)

You need to apply with funds in bank 2 months prior to application.

Your wife will need to attend immigration.

Don't really understand panic stations. Surely you are aware of the requirements.

5 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I said may have a problem, not will have a problem, so instead of just saying its not correct, tell me why.

The under consideration period almost always exceeds current permission of stay.

Hence no overstay comes into play.

Discussed in many threads. 

You still have time to edit your post. It's incorrect. 

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The under consideration period almost always exceeds current permission of stay.

Hence no overstay comes into play.

Discussed many threads. 

I don't want to get into an argument on this but you have interpreted my post incorrectly.

I mentioned nothing about overstay or implied it. My post informed the OP that he would be in the 30 day consideration period on his marriage extension when he went to obtain his new WP, and that he might want to check up on that point before going to renew.

So you still have time to correct your mistake..thank you.

Edited by couchpotato

On 4/23/2023 at 10:32 PM, couchpotato said:

That week you have 1st, 4th and 5th as public holidays. So only 2nd/3rd are open business days.

Actually you are incorrect with regards to the 1st may labor day. Immigration dept is not government and is open. I was surprised to hear this today at my local office. 

On 4/23/2023 at 10:22 PM, couchpotato said:

I said may have a problem, not will have a problem, so instead of just saying its not correct, tell me why.

You have a valid permission to stay until it is either cancelled (with you being ordered out of the country) or you are on overstay. During the under consideration period for a new extension, your permission to stay remains valid.