Kitchen drainage questions

Snugs08

Left side sink, right side dishwasher.

Drain pipe height about 40cm.

Here's my thoughts, turn the mains inlet splitter horizontal so the level of the drain pipe is unhindered to the right.

Glue the blue plastic splitter to drain so it has a left and right, it fits very snugly.

For the sink I just got the white pvc stretchy thing, and this has like a suction thing to connect, seems to fit well but will probably glue to too. I'll make a hole at the back of the cabinet for this and try to ensure it runs downwards although there only about 10cm tolerance from where it attaches to sink bits...

I don't have a plan for how to connect the dishwasher pipe yet, I found something that fit snug to the dishwasher supplied pipe but I need a few intermediate blue bits I think. Or is there something else I can buy?

I haven't connected everything up until I got all the parts, and slowly building a collection of useless blue parts as its took quite a bit of trial and error to even get this far, 555

Is this a sane plan? If there a possibility sink water will go into dishwasher and vice versa? What else should I watch out for?

drain3x.jpg

drain2x.jpg

drain1x.jpg

Edited by Snugs08

I would put a 90deg horizontal elbow on that waste outlet and cut the sink cabinet to run the waste under the sink. Then make up a P-trap under the sink itself, connected to the waste. Run D/W flexible waste pipe through a hole cut high up in the side of the cabinet and connect it to the sink waste prior to P-trap.

• Like 1

Thanks,

HauptmannUK, I'm a little lost, to do your plan then I remove the grey piping to do this?  Do you have a picture of the 90deg horizontal elbow thing, just so I'm sure what to buy here.

There's very little space between the drain and water inlet that even putting it horizontal I'm things are tight.  You also see there's probably only about 15cm height  currently from top of flexible pipe to bottom of it where it connects

I played with it all few minutes ago before coming back here, I got it kind of working on sink side, of course it's leaking like hell at the moment as no sealent/glue, and obviously I moved the cabinet - need a longer water pipe to put the cabinet back to original planned position

drain6x.jpg

drain5x.jpg

drain4x.jpg

Edited by Snugs08